Khan

Tissot 27B-21 - crown tap no.

Question

Dear enthusiasts

I measured the stem thread to be approx. 1.05 mm. When I choose a crown, should I go for tap 10 (1.00 mm) or tap 11 (1.10 mm). Correct me if I'm wrong in conversions. 

Cousinsuk sells new Tissot crowns but these are standardized tap 9(0.90 mm) and unfortunately not compatible. The watch is from end 40s. 

Thanks for helping. 

Screenshot_20190521-022929.png

Edited by Khan

7 answers to this question

That Crown would look strange on a 40's Tissot. I know some change to a Tap 9 stem and go with it but personaly I would wait until the correct one shows up. Which model of the 27B-21 do you have? Some pictures would be nice, one never know someone here might have just the right one .

B.T.W If you messured 1.05 the size is probably Tap 11.

Thank You guys for responses.

Here's a picture. The existing long piped crown is not deep enough to fit the tube on the case.

The winding is a litte stiff despite service, so would prefer not to go down in thread size.

I'm a little confused by tap conversions, seems it's different from US and UK?

I found some on eBay Spain by typing 'tissot vintage crown's but not sure of them yet relatively pricy. 

photo_editor_1558435254738.jpg

Edited by Khan

Cousinsuk have there own size chart. Which i think is the best. Esslinger have the right one that most other use. U should need a tap 8 crown. As for the crown. older Tissot used a domed crown without logo. 

Watch Stem Tap Chart _ mm Size Reference Chart _ Esslinger.com _ Esslinger Watchmaker Supplies Blog.html

Edited by rogart63

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.