ESA-9150 Electronics Components

I've seen reference to a .22 uf capacitor on this board.  Is this the silver cylindrical part?  Mine measured 2.2 uf with a high ESR until I de-soldered it.  It's now open...  My assumption was it was a tantalum.  The resistor in mine is 1.8Meg and not the more common 2.2Meg usually seen in on-line pictures.  The ceramic capacitor looks like the neighborhood of .03

Any help appreciated, but mainly need to confirm the identity of that silver thing with the red end!

I am well aware however there was discussion of one capacitor and there happens to be 2.  I want to determine if the cap in question is indeed .22 microfarad which would indicate that this one had failed in a very strange manner.

The cylindrical one is an old tantalium type capacitor. It should be around 220 nano farads  (0.22uF) and rated for 6.3 volts.
Some times these dry out and the RC circuit will stop to work. If anything would fail in a circuit like this it would be that or the transistor.
The disc capacitor and the resistor are less likely to fail.
You could replace that capacitor with any generic tantalium type just be aware of the polarisation. 

2 hours ago, HSL said:

The cylindrical one is an old tantalium type capacitor. It should be around 220 nano farads  (0.22uF) and rated for 6.3 volts.
Some times these dry out and the RC circuit will stop to work. If anything would fail in a circuit like this it would be that or the transistor.
The disc capacitor and the resistor are less likely to fail.
You could replace that capacitor with any generic tantalium type just be aware of the polarisation. 

Thank You!  Is what I needed to verify.  I hate tantalum capacitors either new or old! It is why I purchased a Peak Atlas ESR meter many years ago.  It did, indeed read that cap as 2.2 MF with an ESR of over 7 ohms.  It won't even generally read a value below 1 MF so I became puzzled in short order.

Onward and upward.