The Thieving Barstewards!!!

If they were to REALLY do it for the air quality they would just ban the said vehicles completely and not just say "pay £12.50 a day and come in"

If a car pollutes it pollutes. End of.

Just another example of money grabbing.

Hey, check this.

I now get charged £210 a year to park outside my own house.

Guess what criteria they use to decide how much to charge me?

How big my vehicle is?

Nope. Its emissions. How in the hell can it be based on emissions when the **BLEEP** thing is parked!?!

£12.50 a day! I was informed a few years ago by the Democratic Republic of London upon the introduction of the low emission zone that if I wished to drive my 2000 Mitsubishi L200 into town I would have to stump up £200 a day! Luckily I work locally. Time to saddle up and move out Rob, I did 20 years ago, finally stopped working there 6 years ago and have never regretted it.

£12.50 a day! I was informed a few years ago by the Democratic Republic of London upon the introduction of the low emission zone that if I wished to drive my 2000 Mitsubishi L200 into town I would have to stump up £200 a day! Luckily I work locally. Time to saddle up and move out Rob, I did 20 years ago, finally stopped working there 6 years ago and have never regretted it.

My brother was about to buy a VW Type 2 Bluestar dayvan diesel. Heard about the £200 so pulled out of the deal. Bought a petrol one instead.

Now he's gonna get screwed because he rides a 13yr old Vespa to work.

I agree. Time to leave London behind.

If they were to REALLY do it for the air quality they would just ban the said vehicles completely and not just say "pay £12.50 a day and come in"

If a car pollutes it pollutes. End of.

Just another example of money grabbing.

Hey, check this.

I now get charged £210 a year to park outside my own house.

Guess what criteria they use to decide how much to charge me?

How big my vehicle is?

Nope. Its emissions. How in the hell can it be based on emissions when the **BLEEP** thing is parked!?!

Reminds me of that old saying.... ''RIP OFF BRITAIN''.... don't get me started on that one ! :growl:

I left London in 2002 and never regretted it.

Crawling four miles down the A406 taking 45 minutes on a Sunday afternoon just to get lunch at the Harvester - no fun at all.

When I moved out spent the first few years commuting on the train, nearly lost it so went on a Suzuki 600 Bandit & put 103,00 miles on it, then a Triumph Speed Four and put 84,000 miles on that, then gave up! Mind you in the summer I could get the trip down to 55 mins (50 miles to Old Street).