Omega brass bushing part number ?

mikepilk

I have an Omega 1010 with the brash bushes in the automatic unit showing wear.

Are these bushes replaceable - if so, does anyone know the part numbers of the bushes arrowed below ?

They are not listed in the Omega Technical Guide

20170118_202441.jpg

25 minutes ago, mikepilk said:

Are these bushes replaceable - if so, does anyone know the part numbers of the bushes arrowed below ?

20170118_202441.jpg

U could probably use a standard size bushing? Or put jewels in? But maybe it's cheaper to buy a replacement bridge from Ebay? 

Edited by rogart63

3 hours ago, mikepilk said:

Hello Mike,

I'm with Rogart. You're better off getting a replacement bridge. I see on Ebay they have jeweled versions (maybe other calibers have them) and here is one with the brass bushings just like yours and its only $15.00

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Omega-Watch-1010-1012-1020-1022-part-1031-1033-automatic-bridges-/172222758089?hash=item281946bcc9:g:81sAAOSwintXSmKD

JC

I just realized you live overseas.....might still be a viable alternative.

Edited by noirrac1j
Saw more information

I don't know if there's anything you can use in this little box of bushings I have, but here is a photo of the contents.  I'm missing bottle 3, but I don't think that would have been what you needed anyway.  Look it over and see if any might work.  They are bronze, though, not brass.

Shirley

20170118_182427.jpg

You can replace them with brass bushings but also I have seen them being replaced with normal jewels (I think I see a Vid where Mark replaces a centre wheel bushing with a jewell setting) 

To state the obvious a jeweling tool & the appropriate reamers are required for this job. 

3 hours ago, mikepilk said:

I found suitable brass bushes on Cousins, but If I were replacing them I may as well use jewels, 

I got a replacement automatic unit from ebay so won't have to this time.

You got the replacement automatic unit....fantastic.. This is a good alternative to redoing the bushings, which you could still give a try.

Replacing brass bushings with jewels sounds like a job that most watchmakers would probably not take on if you could simply get a replacement jeweled unit at a fair price. 

J