H Samuel Pocket Watch

Gents, second purchase from the local antiques fair, a nice H Samuel silver cased with solid silver chain and original key for £20, a fair price I think, anyway, on the dial it has “climax trip action patent” can anyone shed any light on what this actually means?

Ive found a few pictures on line of the movement which doesn’t show me anything unusual, so thought I’d ask to see if any other members have one and could shed some light on this model please.

The pictures attached are straight from the net but are of the same watch as mine. Cheers guys

E23CD983-0DDA-45AC-99CC-D913DEA51624.jpeg

F80D6890-BE12-4381-82C7-B3A63D85FF13.jpeg

I found quite a few past auctions of them by doing a google search, and it seems to refer to the cover over the movement that has that spring on it. All the auction houses were in the UK.

Description from one of them -
The watch has a key-winding movement which is working well. The watch was made by the Lancashire watch company for H Samuel. The movement is stamped H Samuel, Market St, Manchester and it is protected by an inner fitted cover stamped Climax Regd, Guaranteed English Manufacture Throughout. A winding key is included.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro