Hi from Switzerland

Hello, I'm an expat watchmaker in Switzerland for the last almost 2 decades, been in a lot of prototyping in that time but the last few years doing a lot of vintage repair and restoration. I've been enjoying Mark's videos for some time and hope I might be able to offer some advice here and there but am mostly here to learn.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, nickelsilver said:

Hello, I'm an expat watchmaker in Switzerland for the last almost 2 decades, been in a lot of prototyping in that time but the last few years doing a lot of vintage repair and restoration. I've been enjoying Mark's videos for some time and hope I might be able to offer some advice here and there but am mostly here to learn.

Hi friend, welcome to this nice forum. You must be very experienced by now in the best watchmaking centre anywhere. I need a balance for an old Rolex silver cushion watch with broken staff etc. early one,  Aegler movement,  and a balance for an old Borgel watch, any ideas, pointers? Thanks,  and best regards Mike.

Edited by ecodec
add word.

3 hours ago, ecodec said:

Hi friend, welcome to this nice forum. You must be very experienced by now in the best watchmaking centre anywhere. I need a balance for an old Rolex silver cushion watch with broken staff etc. early one,  Aegler movement,  and a balance for an old Borgel watch, any ideas, pointers? Thanks,  and best regards Mike.

I don't really have any magic sources for hard to find parts,  I usually do work directly for manufacturers or through other shops so they source the parts.

4 hours ago, oldhippy said:

Welcome to this friendly forum. What is it like to be in the heart of the watchmaking world?

It's pretty, literally! And you always seem to stumble on watchmaking tools or materials in random flea markets, that's kind of unique. I got a bunch of old stock screw head files, very fine ones, the other day. You never know.