Hello from Hotlanta!

I love Marc's calming voice (he's the Bob Ross of watch repair!) and informative videos and feel lucky to have stumbled upon this website. I have a couple of successful repairs under my belt (tightened a loose cannon pinion and reattached a rotor) but want to take things to the next level. I collect old Soviet era watches and my goal is to be able to get to comfortable with complete disassembly, cleaning and repairs. I have a lot of experience in the repair and restoration of vintage audio equipment and a few (very few actually) of those skills carry over into this new passion.  

Hi friend and welcome to our excellent forum. I have never touched a Russian watch, however I fixed three watches  today. One quartz Fossil with a corroded out batt connection. Bit of copper wire and a clean. Another Rotary quartz for a clean, Batt and line free test.  Then an old Accro hand wind with a red sweep in for a strip,  clean and time. It ran very well !!. Success for once. Good wishes for the Russian watches and you will get expert help here.  Not a lot from me tho as I am just a jobber. Regards, Mike. PS. I will be of help where I can.

Edited by ecodec
More info.