What type of acrylic for this case

I have this case which has a new-to-me type of crystal slot. (seen one before but that one didn't need a crystal change)

Dimensions are as follows: 27,34mm outer x 25,35mm inner (approx.) x 1,10mm crystal slot depth (also approx.) measured against the inner lip/edge, not the outer one which I believe is a bit taller

The slot on the outside is for the SS press fit bezel.

The watch had a round domed acrylic crystal but it was in bad shape and I think it was either glued or just was so tightened in that it cracked when I tried to remove it and some of the pieces were hard to remove. It did not have a tension ring.

Can someone help me out and recommend what type of crystal it fits ? I ordered a high dome without step acrylic crystal with the wrong size (1mm smaller) and I feel like the inner lip/edge of the crystal slot is touching against the glass and not letting it sit accordingly. Would a correct sized high dome fit better or should I be looking at extra high dome or whatever the name of that crystal is ?

The old crystal looked like a normal high dome without step to me but I could be wrong as it was broken in various pieces.

IMG_7366.jpg

IMG_7367.jpg

IMG_7368.jpg

IMG_7369.jpg

IMG_7370.jpg

Edited by Chopin

Never used a low dome before. Are you talking about the "N" type on Cousins ?

Isn't the low dome lower in height than the high dome ? Would it still fit in the slot ?

Someone else also suggested a tensioned crystal but I wonder if the problem wouldn't be similar...

EDIT: I have just checked the low dome crystal and I'm not sure if it would fit because the "wall" of the crystal is straight. When the bezel comes ontop of the case and crystal it would need to just slightly cover the crystal as it's a little sloped inwards.

Is there a website where I can see what all these glass types look like from the side ? Some of the drawings on the wrapper aren't that telling I would say.

Edited by Chopin

3 hours ago, Chopin said:

Never used a low dome before. Are you talking about the "N" type on Cousins ?

Isn't the low dome lower in height than the high dome ? Would it still fit in the slot ?

Someone else also suggested a tensioned crystal but I wonder if the problem wouldn't be similar...

EDIT: I have just checked the low dome crystal and I'm not sure if it would fit because the "wall" of the crystal is straight. When the bezel comes ontop of the case and crystal it would need to just slightly cover the crystal as it's a little sloped inwards.

Is there a website where I can see what all these glass types look like from the side ? Some of the drawings on the wrapper aren't that telling I would say.

Maybe a low dome won't work. But think a ACT crystal should work. Almost every watch i seen can have a ACT . But if you want a high dome . Use the ATCH  crystal. Or as it is a Diver a ATCT . 

• Like 1

No markings as far as I can tell. Will keep in mind the ACT or the other 2 variants... Going to make some more measurements of the standard high dome and see where I go from there.

What does an ATCT look like ?

Edited by Chopin

44 minutes ago, Chopin said:

No markings as far as I can tell. Will keep in mind the ACT or the other 2 variants... Going to make some more measurements of the standard high dome and see where I go from there.

What does an ATCT look like ?

It's a little higher with thicker acrylic on the top . Like an old diver with plexi. Not much higher on the inside. I use ATCT on old Certina DS-2 . Even if it's not a diver. Looks nice and feels nice with that think acrylic . What size do are you using. Maybe have some i can measure for you? 

Edited by rogart63
  • Like 1

The watch is not a diver so most likely it should either be the correct size high dome that will fit or the ATC.

One other option is trying to fit a high dome with step which basically moves the crystal a bit inwards but not sure how much would it go inside the slot...