Hello from Ottawa, Canada

viem70

Hi everyone. My interest in horology started over a decade ago and my fist exposure to the watch repair began with attending TimeZone online courses (Level 1 and 2). In order to complete these courses, I had to purchase some minimum tool set. From that time, I have been continuously adding tools to my workshop and slowly improving my knowledge. Then at some point in the last couple of years I have also discovered Marks channel and, as most of you, developed high admiration for his skills and experience.

I consider myself a beginner but over the time I did get my hands dirty working on certain number of affordable movements ranging from vintage to newer Japanese, Russian, and entry Swiss movements. Mainly I service my own collection (mostly three hands, affordable watches) but sometimes, I also get to repair my friends and collogues watches. In most of the cases I was able to complete the work successfully. I don’t recall causing a major damage (selective memory, lol) but there were, for sure, some close calls.

To wrap up, thank you for reading my introduction. I am looking forward to further learn and share on this forum.

• Like 2