IWC cal .631problem please help!!

AbeH

Hello everybody,

I have an IWC cal.631 watch quartz movement the watch was having problem which is the seconds hand does get stuck with the minutes hand sometimes, so I decided to take the movement out and take a look closely at the winders so right after I removed the movement the watch stopped working!!! And never worked again I tried to put the stem and the crown back in never work I went to all 3 positions on the crown and didn’t work so do you know what might be the problem??? Please help! Thanks ,

Some pictures attached d70c821e1a20b469ef85651dce9aee14.jpgdf5c7438e6ddb16c13d033fb9094a42f.jpga4161ef8677dc0c43b42da689325ea31.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While I'm not familiar with that movement, most of the quartz watches that I've seen will stop running if the stem is pulled out to set the hands. But if you've already replaced the stem, it locks into the movement properly, and the battery checks out, then it's probably not an easy fix. You might try blowing out the movement with a can of compressed air, like the type used to clean electronics, like computers, keyboards, etc. From what I understand, fine hairs and dust can easily stop a quartz movement.

If it was running before you removed the stem, and you were careful when you removed it, I don't know what you could have done. But, as I said before, there's a lot going on in that watch.  I know it's an expensive movement/watch. Best of luck.

• Like 1

Are you able to locate the hacking lever on this watch? May require looking at a diagram. They are usually linked to the stem/keyless works in some way. 

Also check that the battery is still ok, especially if you shorted it with metal tweezers at any point.