Seiko 5M62 0DF0 crystal?

bosstaki

What material is the crystal made out of ? Is it really glass ?

Usually for acrylic you can use polywatch or toothpaste (so I've heard).

For glass or mineral glass it can be a bit more complicated. I believe some use a dremel tool and one of those heads made for polishing.

I think I've heard some people use cape cod polishing cloth and even sandpaper (you have to use multiple grits from the highest to the lowest, depending on how bad it is).

Flat and circular mineral? Should be able to measure it and get a generic off of a material house of your choice.

Hi there! Is there anywhere online were i can find out exactly what size the OEM crystal measurements are mate!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

22 hours ago, bosstaki said:

Hi there! Is there anywhere online were i can find out exactly what size the OEM crystal measurements are mate!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think so, but you can easily measure the original glass with a vernier gauge once you have it pressed out. 

cerium oxide, a little water and a felt wheel in a dremel works wonders, just keep it wet, and use medium pressure and keep the wheel moving. Cerium oxide is available online from a lot of different sources, 8oz will go a VERY long way.....a very light oil will also work in place of water, you just want a paste like consistency, not too runny or too thick. Cerium oxide will also give a nice final polish to metal surfaces, but I would definitely use oil instead of water for the mixing medium.