AS 1906 help, hands not advancing

schtozo

Hello, i recently got a vintage with an AS1906 i beleive? Worked well when i got it but then after a week or two, it started to act funny.. i noticed it wasnt advancing time, thought i would give it a gentle manual wind, this didnt fix the problem, well... it advances couple minutes and then stops again. Until i really spot what was going on. The movement ticks strong and seconds hand move and never stops... what is stopping is the minute and hour hands...

any advice? Where to look? Thank you..

Can anyone confirm if AS1906 is interchangable with AS1916? Other than the quickset date pushing the crown on the 1916 all other dimensions are the same, use the same stem as well.. i found couple watches provinent from india on the bay, supposedly favre leubas for cheap, they have the 1916. Im thinking buying one and swapping my dial and hands over the 1916 and put it in my case. Any input on this?

Should be the same.  What you need to watch out for when changing cannon pinion/hour wheels is to make sure both watches are the same in terms of having day/date or not as the case may be. 

Having these functions may require taller parts. 

Good luck. 

Anilv 

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE: i found a piece with AS1916, came from india in form of a favre leuba.. was cheap enough to try. Received and i did the swap of movements, now i have date quickset and the movement is perfectly working.. i think this was the cheapest route!