Anniversary clock suspension

boblalux

• 6 months later...

Hi new to the forum and moderately experienced in watch/clock repair. A friend asked I try to repair a Kerns & Sohne anniversary clock (no experience). Her son attempted to fix a broken suspension spring and I'm sure it's the cause of clock stoppage after a few minutes. So I will proceed with the replacement but need to know which spring to order. Terwilliger book would be helpful to determine model and will obtain someday. But to fix this clock soon I thought someone may offer guidance. Attached are pics

20221222_135207.jpg

20221222_135040.jpg

You are going to need a member not only to tell you the strength of the spring they will need to up load the photo in the book of the length and showing the position of the pallet fork. It is not recommended with these clocks to do part repairs. If you decide to give this a full service you are certainly going to need a clock mainspring winder, the beat setting tool is also recommended. These clocks work best on very little oil I recommend  Windles clock oil.