Movements for identification

IMG_3733_1.thumb.jpg.0c1e2fa15679ab04fdec83f6d7280f0f.jpgIMG_3734_1.thumb.jpg.7e8c3c0ff5f5588cec7ceeacd7639ebe.jpgIMG_3735_1.thumb.jpg.4ef0dd5a4da6128e7da8a961ddbcbe6f.jpg

Hi all,

Here's another couple of movements I ask for your experience to id.

Both movements come from almost identical, flip-open tank style cases. I suppose they are late 30's or maybe 40's?

The top one (gold tone) runs very fine but has nothing to id it by with my limited know-how. Would be cool to know a bit more even though it runs fine...

The lower one is stamped FHF 3 and unfortunately has a broken balance staff pivot + cracked upper jewel and end stone.  The FHF 3 stamp confused me a bit since Ranfft returns this to be a large sized pocket watch movement and mine is just 10,5 "'. There is however a FHF 30 (and some variations) that seems fairly close and I wonder if it's close enough to chase for balance parts based on this?

And then both have broken off setting lever parts, but that I can live with....

Any feedback is appreciated!

/bsoderling

Im pretty sure that the top movement of the two is not a FHF 3 The closest matches I can find to the setting parts are a Bidling Calibre 103 illustrated in bestfit  part 1 page 139 or a Court watch co E45  illustrated in part 2 Catalogue official page 43. But I would say it is not a FHF 3.

Thanks for all the feedback!

I'll let the FHF rest a while and see if I can collect the courage and parts to take it on. I'm fairly comfortable with the staff swap out but the jewel and end stone are a different thing...

Regarding the other one, both proposed names are new to me.

Did I possibly happen to catch a rarity here?

I have had it cleaned and assembled and it still runs fine with an amplitude at 300+ which is a lot more than I'm used to see in the run-downs I pick up on the web.

Thanks again!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk