watch case replacement for dual movement holder.

Hello,

I have an unusual problem. I received this movement with twin ETA 2671 movements. I have the movement holder but no case. I can replace the stem and crowns as the movements are practically new as is the dial and hands. Does anyone have any feedback on a possible replacement case or information on where I might have something like this made? The movements are from a Cuervo y Sobrino Prominente dual time wrist watch. Thanks for any information!

Regards,

JC

Image00003.thumb.jpg.b55aea19ab4405f399eabf3b29382b6c.jpg

Image00002.thumb.jpg.f27effc631ab58dd267f3c08d1a7d0b8.jpg

Image00001.thumb.jpg.3981e8737b44c6fd6c390259969f2a69.jpg

Edited by noirrac1j

Maybe try getting into contact with the manufacturer and see if there's a solution to that ? Unlikely but it's worth a try.

If you could get a 2nd watch you could get the case 3D scanned and then 3D printed (somewhere where they do a lot of solid quality professional 3D printing) or, I guess, get it done the old way but you still need the dimensions.

I bought a rectangular watch dial and once I had the dimensions I found a donor automatic watch on ebay for about £20. I had to ask the seller for the dimensions and it is a perfect fit. Its for personal use and I will never sell it. What are the dial dimensions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, Airoh108 said:

I bought a rectangular watch dial and once I had the dimensions I found a donor automatic watch on ebay for about £20. I had to ask the seller for the dimensions and it is a perfect fit. Its for personal use and I will never sell it. What are the dial dimensions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello Airoh, thanks for your reply, and here are the dimensions:

Image00002.thumb.jpg.15abdaad7c84bc82b18c4f387428be8f.jpg

9 hours ago, Chopin said:

Maybe try getting into contact with the manufacturer and see if there's a solution to that ? Unlikely but it's worth a try.

If you could get a 2nd watch you could get the case 3D scanned and then 3D printed (somewhere where they do a lot of solid quality professional 3D printing) or, I guess, get it done the old way but you still need the dimensions.

I think 3-D printing might be a viable solution....more to come.

J

5 minutes ago, noirrac1j said:

I think 3-D printing might be a viable solution....more to come.

J

Surely over there in the US you should be able to find people that do this. It depends on how good they are and how much you're willing to spend, I guess.

Would be nice to get the missing parts from a couple of angles maybe even the inside and then get someone to re-design it for you on the computer. I wouldn't be surprised if they can simply make something out of a photo and then just adjust the dimensions and minor tweaks.

Yes I am lucky I live in NYC, where there are a few high-quality places I can look into. The movements and dial are in perfect condition, and it would be nice to get it into a case. I would put the upper limit of what I'm willing to spend as $500. This is my own little project and budget, but these watches are so high priced I could spend $1000 and still be ahead by several hundred dollars.

Joe

7 minutes ago, rogart63 said:

I  have seen some 3d printed cases. That has been done in wax and could then be molded in stainless steel or titanium. Even brass or bronze could be done. 

Yes I looked into the bronze option. If only I could get my hands on a case and scan it, it would make the process of 3-D printing easier. As it is now, it looks like I'll have to make the "blueprint" myself using  a CAD program.

J