What have I bought now!

Pip

I'm not even sure myself, but I saw a listing which said it's probably an old watch timing machine, but when I looked at the pics and the French labels I thought it looked more like a watch cleaning machine. It could be of course some cobbled together Heath Robinson affair. It could be of course a complete waste of money and not likely to ever work doing whatever it was built to do again. I'll know more when it arrives! But, I thought to myself, who better to ask than the hive mind here who have had every type of contraption imaginable in their workshops at one time or another. So your starter for 10 (and lots of conferring!)...

23923840348_075199e781_o_d.jpg

37518482280_c2b5fd615f_o_d.jpg

• Like 1

That was my thinking Mark, but I'm often wrong! The real trouble, and maybe the members can offer some advice here, is how the hell am I going to get this one in the house without the wife noticing? I think I may end up in that big box, under my patio.

• Haha 1

watch cleaning machine: ultrasound on/off button, wringer (dryer) on/timer/off buttons, big bottom dial is the timer.

Almost looks homemade. The attachments would be the agitators/motors to stir the solution. Do you have a better picture of the note inside the lid?

watch cleaning machine: ultrasound on/off button, wringer (dryer) on/timer/off buttons, big bottom dial is the timer.
Almost looks homemade. The attachments would be the agitators/motors to stir the solution. Do you have a better picture of the note inside the lid?

Here we are...
f4e96cc1da10e66049d744623a62125d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here we are...
f4e96cc1da10e66049d744623a62125d.jpg

Confirms it's a cleaning machine:
Average times for small watches/clocks:
12 minutes to wash
10 minutes to rinse
5 minutes to dry

Awesome. Just have to work out if it’s alive, of if not how to revive it, and then how to use it. I’m hoping there will be a manufacturer mark somewhere and I can find a manual. Someone on another forum mentioned vibrograf but I can’t find any pics that look anything like this thing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My word, it’s alive! Had to nip out and buy a travel plug (at work and couldn’t wait) but she powers up. There are three separate glass baths, and a spinning section which I guess is for drying, goes like the clappers when you press the right button. There are 3 what look like ultrasonic transducers with leads. Have to work out how/where to plug them in and need to pull it apart a little to follow the wiring and see if there is a makers mark on it anywhere. It’s a thing of beauty which I hope I can make useful again.
080ae9e1cb16c94a57c86b7d9670a8aa.jpg
3e2d327038e1b726a279e180cc72daef.jpg
a51f5d8887cb21815850229f57e0f401.jpg

I found a makers mark, it was made (or possibly distributed?) by a French company called Sepmis S.A. If anyone has any info on them or on the beast in the thread above, even if you've just seen a similar one, I'd love to hear from you!

Phil