Seiko 7S26C Day wheel with loose spring clip

This isn't a question but more a method that someone else my want to try. (A new spring clip would have cost me $5.)

The Seiko 7S26C I was working on had a loose day wheel spring clip. I tightened it by holding it with tweezers and then while holding the clip with the tweezers I put the tweezers between a movement holder and by turning the knob on the movement holder squeezed the tweezers and the spring clip they were holding together. Worked very well and now the day wheel is being held in place by a tight spring clip. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Folkvisor said:

This isn't a question but more a method that someone else my want to try. (A new spring clip would have cost me $5.)

The Seiko 7S26C I was working on had a loose day wheel spring clip. I tightened it by holding it with tweezers and then while holding the clip with the tweezers I put the tweezers between a movement holder and by turning the knob on the movement holder squeezed the tweezers and the spring clip they were holding together. Worked very well and now the day wheel is being held in place by a tight spring clip. 

You turned the tweezers into a vise-nice!