Topic: gold tone and rose gold links

I have links from watches  that are rose gold and gold tone , which are very scuffed and badly abused. The watches  keep time  well .... Have any one used  the kits for replacing the plating ... or shall I find new links  or buy a new bracelet for these types of watches... They are Micheal Kors.........  What would be the solution? Purchased off line......

Thanks 

Honeybee50

Whatever the RRP Michael Kors are fashion watches. You can certainly try a DIY plating kit. My local jeweller charges very little for a flash of plating.

Or polish off the remaining plate. Or buy a new bracelet, plait one out of wild flowers or your lovers hair.

Go wild, feel the sun on your skin...

Or buy a new watch.

Neil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neil, have you been sniffing the hairspring cleaner again? :woohoo-jumping-smiley-emoticon:

I have a pen plating kit, but I wouldn't expect the results to last very long. A friend of mine had a steel Omega crown gold plated by a jeweller (against my advice) and it lasted about 6 weeks.

You can buy replacement bracelets from t'internet if you want, e.g. http://www.bablas.co.uk/watch-straps/michael-kors-watch-straps.html

• Like 3

Neil, have you been sniffing the hairspring cleaner again? :woohoo-jumping-smiley-emoticon:

Yup, good stuff, ain't it?
Seriously though, when a watch doesn't have a great intrinsic or historical value, I wouldn't feel bound to restore it to factory condition. A bracelet change is a chance to indulge your own taste.

Just my opinion, of course.

Neil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk