Pulsar PU2007 crown

Santiago

i have been given a Pulsar watch - see photo - which has no stem or crown. I have managed to locate a stem for the watch which has Hattori VK63 movement. I am unsure what sort of crown to get for the watch, it is a waterproof crown, but would it be just a flat crown that fits over the pendant, or would the crown have any sort of tube? Presumably the crown just pushes over the pendant tube, when the stem is pulled out or pushed in.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

image.jpg

I am not familiar with this movement but as it is waterproof to 100 metres then it will need a waterproof crown. By looking at the the pic below it looks like some sort of screw down crown but of a design I have not seen before.

5896f7f5e86f7_ScreenShot2017-02-05at09_57_45.png.2cb49f44e9243e9e9dd5999a764dcbfb.png

Looking at what can be seen of the pendant tube it looks like a standard O ring type waterproof crown.

The picture that CB has posted shows that the original crown is quite stylised and whether or not you could source an exact replacement comes down to what spares Pulsar has made available for this watch, and how much searching you want to do, but at a push you can probably get away with a generic non-screw down waterproof crown.

Just make sure whatever you use fits snugly. Some Japanese crowns have the gasket fitted on the stem section, but you don't have to follow that convention. Just measure the pendant tube width and choose the right size for your given stem tap. Cousins have a wide selection. 

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Topics

• I've also heard it called the "top side" and the dial side the "bottom side", which should make any non-repairer very confused. There are many examples and sometimes it comes down to personal preference. Personally, I like to say "dial train" whereas most other people would use the term "motion works".
    • Is magnetism such a major problem that we (as home hobbyists) need to spend $$$ on a fancy demagnetiser? I use one of the cheap blue Chinese demagnetisers (£10 from ebay). It works, and has never failed to demagnetise a movement, or my screwdrivers. Magnetometer - who needs one?  Take a very small screw. If it sticks to the clean part, it is magnetised 🤣
    • My overall preference is to use traditional names and terms, that became my habit when i was taught joinery by old boy chippies 2 generations older than me , that had their time in the 40's. But what i often do is adjust the names and terms i use according to who I'm talking with. Sometimes i will say trainside and occasionally watchmaker's side. I try to find a balance between accommodating other folk ( there's no point speaking a foreign language to someone who doesn't understand it ) and using a name that appears to me to be more relevant as to its use or description. But using the name lever can be quite confusing,  some watches might have parts that are also levers, release levers, which in effect is what the pallet fork is, an escapement release lever. 
    • Then put the case number in here https://www.cousinsuk.com/category/filter/search-seiko-case-parts and it should give you the crown 
    • I come across to replace the crystal of a 7734 chronograph.  What make it special there a printed chapter ring  which fits inside the recess of crystal before inserting into the case. I am thinking of a high dome crystal such as Sternkreuz ATCH, fitting diameter OD332/ID320.  For this purpose, tension ring will be removed and fit in the chapter ring.  I understand the crystal size may not perfectly fit these two dimension.  Should aim to find the right ID, then OD can be grinded to reduce without much difficulty.  To find the right crystal, the easiest way is to get know of the OD/ID relationship of Sternkreuz ATCH/ATCG (otherwise the OD of the crystal and tension ring).  I hope you are able to help to minimize the trial and errors.