Omega Wig-wag screw?

rogart63

Tinkering with a Omega 1022 from hell :) . Always something that doesn't seam to work or broken. I think the device for hand winding is called wig-wag. The lowest little screw i manage to break the head of?There is a little end that sitting on a small spring in the end of the screw? And it's only a 0,50 thread so very tiny. There is a small holder on the underside of the bridge. Where should i find such a screw? Does it have a Omega number? Shall assemble the movement and see if it's working okay. The rotor should be working so i could finish it. A few others have tried to renovate this watch and failed. So my self confidence would be low if i failed :( DSC07391.JPGDSC07395.JPGDSC07393.JPG

Edited by rogart63

28 minutes ago, rogart63 said:

Tinkering with a Omega 1022 from hell :) . Always something that doesn't seam to work or broken. I think the device for hand winding is called wig-wag. The lowest little screw i manage to break the head of?There is a little end that sitting on a small spring in the end of the screw? And it's only a 0,50 thread so very tiny. There is a small holder on the underside of the bridge. Where should i find such a screw? Does it have a Omega number? Shall assemble the movement and see if it's working okay. The rotor should be working so i could finish it. A few others have tried to renovate this watch and failed. So my self confidence would be low if i failed :( DSC07391.JPGDSC07395.JPGDSC07393.JPG

The 1020 and 1022 are tough to work on....they run great, but have quirks like the one you've just mentioned. I happen to have some Omega parts at home from a Seamaster 1020 I recently overhauled successfully. When I get home later today, I'll see if I have that screw.

J

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, noirrac1j said:

The 1020 and 1022 are tough to work on....they run great, but have quirks like the one you've just mentioned. I happen to have some Omega parts at home from a Seamaster 1020 I recently overhauled successfully. When I get home later today, I'll see if I have that screw.

J

That would be so great :) If you look to the left in the last photo! You see a small spring that is caput. That sits under the second pinion gear? That was also broken. Fortunately an good one came along with the used movement plate i bought. 

Edited by rogart63

10 hours ago, rogart63 said:

This is the sort of project I love. It will be well with the effort when complete giving great satisfaction when it starts to give a heart beat again. My advise is take your time inspect every part when disassembling so no disappointments when re-assembled. Enjoy.

• Like 2

The little thin second pinion was broken also? All but lots of trouble? But can't give up now? The hands look like **BLEEP** to? And the second hands has missing tube? If i get it to work i am going to go with the AM hands from Speedtimerkollektions. 

The movement is now almost assembled and has minute and hour hands put on to see if it's working okay? 

i have an old seamster with this movement - its an absolute nightmare! crown constantly pulls all the way out when trying to set it, even though all the parts are absolutely fine! I've changed the setting lever and spring still does it. Does anyone have a digram for this movement? I've checked cousins and they don't have a very good breakdown that shows the keyless works etc

The little thin second pinion was broken also? All but lots of trouble? But can't give up now? The hands look like **BLEEP** to? And the second hands has missing tube? If i get it to work i am going to go with the AM hands from Speedtimerkollektions. 

The movement is now almost assembled and has minute and hour hands put on to see if it's working okay? 

Hello Rogart,

Are these the right screw for the wig-wag? I have everything disassembled, so not sure if these are part of winding mechanism. They are very small....about 0.50mm thread.

57f95ca0a7a2865a3f9acf1f4a429743.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, noirrac1j said:

Hello Rogart,

Are these the right screw for the wig-wag? I have everything disassembled, so not sure if these are part of winding mechanism. They are very small....about 0.50mm thread.

57f95ca0a7a2865a3f9acf1f4a429743.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

Looks like those are the top two screws? The lower one is a little longer an has a small tap at the end. If you look at the picture that is the screw without the head. 

DSC07393.thumb.JPG.8216292b276eb6ae6866f8c6ac4d08a7.JPG

You can zoom in if you click the picture. 

This watch is giving me so much trouble. Discovered tonight that the second pinion was broken. And the crystal is non Omega. And i broke the stem when i was going to see if the movement would fit inside the case. :(

7 hours ago, rogart63 said:

You can zoom in if you click the picture. 

This watch is giving me so much trouble. Discovered tonight that the second pinion was broken. And the crystal is non Omega. And i broke the stem when i was going to see if the movement would fit inside the case. :(

Stay with it Rogart. I will check for that small screw with tap ...I definitely have a stem, so keep your head up!

JC

7 hours ago, noirrac1j said:

Stay with it Rogart. I will check for that small screw with tap ...I definitely have a stem, so keep your head up!

JC

Great. Not giving up yet then? It's one of the most difficult and toughest movements i have worked on? Would maybe have been better to buy a working movement at Ebay? Without so much trouble? 

If you can find a screw noirrac1i i will have a go at it again. Learn by doing wrong as they say :)

On 11/12/2016 at 7:54 AM, rogart63 said:

Great. Not giving up yet then? It's one of the most difficult and toughest movements i have worked on? Would maybe have been better to buy a working movement at Ebay? Without so much trouble? 

If you can find a screw noirrac1i i will have a go at it again. Learn by doing wrong as they say :)

Rogart forgive my delay in responding.....these are tumultuous times in the U.S.

I do have the stem, but not the little screw with tap. Let me know via message and I'll send it to you.

JC

• 3 weeks later...

This is the screw i broke. Have got a new one. But under the bridge is a small spring. I wonder if the yellow gear should be pressing on to the ratchet wheel or there should be a gap between the gear and the ratchet. But now when i see this picture i have figured it out. Thanks Joe. wigwag.jpg

2 hours ago, rogart63 said:

This is the screw i broke. Have got a new one. But under the bridge is a small spring. I wonder if the yellow gear should be pressing on to the ratchet wheel or there should be a gap between the gear and the ratchet. But now when i see this picture i have figured it out. Thanks Joe. wigwag.jpg

That gear will only move when the stem is in the winding position. I am glad to be able to help. One suggestion on the cannon pinion. make sure is properly seated and that the date corrector lever is engaging the secondary gear that connects with the cannon pinion. This is very important.

JC

• Like 1

7 hours ago, clockboy said:

I noticed this guy has a 1020 movement. Looking at the tech sheets it looks very similar to the 1022. It might be worth a gamble if no success elsewhere .

http://www.obsoletewatchandclockparts.com/wristwatchmovementsLtoP.htm

Hello Clock,

Yes you are correct. The Omega 1020 and 1022 are very similar. The main difference is in the date corrector yoke and calendar works.

JC

The movement is assembled but unfortunately doesn't run. It work on the timegrapher but the hands doesn't move. I don't think it's the cannon pinion? As the hands a tight to move.DSC07498.JPG

Could it be this little gear that is slipping? Click on the picture to get a larger picture. DSC07499.JPG

Edited by rogart63

How can i be so stupid? 

Tinkered with it this morning. And when i removed the upper two screws in the movement.The one that holds the day disc.  It  started to run. Why? 

One of the screws is to long and put pressure on the hour wheel. 

It wasn't an original. So now i am going to check if it runs and look for a shorter screw or shortening it a little. 

Sounds like you have sorted it, hopefully a shorter correct screw fitted all will be good, I ~have encountered similar whereas a too long screw had been fitted by someone else, in my case the screw was touching the main spring barrel, causing the power reserve too bind up.

• Like 1

This is the part. DSC07513.JPG

And one of the screws are to long. Where not an original screw. Found two shorter screws so no it's working and the setting of the time is not stiff anymore. DSC07514.JPG

No i am going to put the other things back. And hopefully get a working watch again. And my self esteem is going to get a real boast :) 

• Like 1