Hi all!

My friend recently gave me a free watch because the clasp is broken. I know close to nothing about watches, from my research it is a 'Foldover clasp'. I have attached an image, the whole portion in the red box is missing. I was wondering if there is any way to fix it for cheap, without buying any replacement parts. Just some sort of rig to keep it together

Thanks for the help!post-239-0-48349000-1402715071_thumb.jpg

Welcome to the forum.

If you look closely at the part you have highlighted in red there is a small tang bent upwards between the two eyelets. If the part above that this clips into is not broken off, slight bending on the tang might be all that is required to allow it to lock into the piece above. Also/and the curvature of the highlighted part may require adjustment by careful bending to achieve the correct curvature to allow the clasp to lock.

If the clip on the upper part is broken off completely, you will require a new clasp. In this case a temporary fix to allow you to wear the watch would be a small rubber band that can be rolled over the clasp to hold it together meantime.

Edited by Geo

post-37-0-65171200-1402730853_thumb.jpgHi and Welcome to the forums.

Regarding your bracelet it's not really worth the trouble of repairing, on Ebay from seller 99ac you can buy a new stainless steel bracelet for around £2.  I have bought one from him and the quality is very good, takes a week or so to arrive as it's coming from Hong Kong. If you do order one make sure to order the correct width for your watch case.  There should be a picture if I've got it right.

• Like 1