Today's overhaul

31 minutes ago, Brian3 said:

Spending a pleasant Sunday afternoon overhauling a Rolex 3135 at home, nice to work on as it goes together so well with bridges practically falling into place.

IMG_2384.JPG

I have never had a Rolex, what would be a good first watch?

Rolex are generally very easy watches to work on Tim, little issue of course is just the costs of the watch and not getting spare parts unless you have a parts account with them. Other than that they're a walk in the park. Nicely machined and fit together real well.

2 hours ago, Brian3 said:

Spending a pleasant Sunday afternoon overhauling a Rolex 3135 at home, nice to work on as it goes together so well with bridges practically falling into place.

Excellent! To remind anyone that this is watch repair forum :)

Any timegrapher pic to show how a Rolex moment behaves ?

1 hour ago, jdm said:

Excellent! To remind anyone that this is watch repair forum :)

Any timegrapher pic to show how a Rolex moment behaves ?

This happens to be my Submariner, just finished casing it up, twelve years old and this is the second time I've overhauled it, running great with a delta of 3 seconds.

Just now, Brian3 said:

This happens to be my Submariner, just finished casing it up, twelve years old and this is the second time I've overhauled it, running great with a delta of 3 seconds.

Fantastic. I just love to see timegrapher pictures for my education, welcome to share any,