The Hatton watch

atimegoneby

This arrived in the post today I found it on Ebay listed as not working and got it for £3.10 plus P&P, I don't know what's wrong with it yet but it seems to be fully wound, hopefully I can get it going.

It actually looks better in real life than it does in the photo's, I think it takes a military strap as the lugs are fixed.  :)  

DSCF5203.JPG

DSCF5201.JPG

DSCF5200.JPG

Nice find. Dial and hands are in good shape and the case my clean up a bit so that the plating isn't quite so obvious.

It'll be interesting to see what's inside. Usually these things just need a proper clean and service to get them operational again.

let us know how it all goes.

• Like 1

I cleaned all the external grime from the case before opening it and here's what's inside,

and with a little gentle help with the pallet fork it started running !   it runs happily in all positions except dial up where it stops but quickly restarts when moved to any other position. I'll leave it overnight to run down as it was fully wound. :)

DSCF5206.JPG

• 2 years later...