Seiko 6139-6002

Cheers Mates...

Yesterday  I got an very nice original blue pouge watch in my home, suddenley the crown fell of. And had inwindede itself out from the stem. I managed to turn it on loosley, and opned the watch, and got out the stem with crown. I put it togheter, and screwed the crown to the stem as hard as I could without braking the threads. I put i back once more, and the same thing happende again.

This time I took a tiny amount of blue loctite, and screwed it back togheter. I put the stem into the watch by pressing the same point as when I took it out, at the same time I wiggled it a little bit.

But when I tried to set the day and date by using the quick set, I could not get the stem long enought in, so the date just moved a little bit. And fell back again, somebody knows what todo?

The watch goes very good, keep the time, and have no need for servicing now....

All the best....

10 hours ago, rogart63 said:

Sounds like the stem is to short? Maybe a new stem and a new crown. Or just the stem if the crown threads are alright? 

6139-6002 is a nice watch. Lets see some photos ? 

Forgott to tell you guys, that the quick set worked great before the crown fell of.

11 hours ago, arkobugg said:

Cheers Mates...

Yesterday  I got an very nice original blue pouge watch in my home, suddenley the crown fell of. And had inwindede itself out from the stem. I managed to turn it on loosley, and opned the watch, and got out the stem with crown. I put it togheter, and screwed the crown to the stem as hard as I could without braking the threads. I put i back once more, and the same thing happende again.

This time I took a tiny amount of blue loctite, and screwed it back togheter. I put the stem into the watch by pressing the same point as when I took it out, at the same time I wiggled it a little bit.

But when I tried to set the day and date by using the quick set, I could not get the stem long enought in, so the date just moved a little bit. And fell back again, somebody knows what todo?

The watch goes very good, keep the time, and have no need for servicing now....

All the best....

A little more info:  Forgott to tell you guys, that the quick set worked great before the crown fell of.

1 hour ago, arkobugg said:

A little more info:  Forgott to tell you guys, that the quick set worked great before the crown fell of.

Maybe it was just screwed on a little bit. To short stem and someone had solved it by just screw the crown on a few turns. 

Step 1

Check if any of the loctite (or any other gunk) got under the crown, preventing it from being pushed in fully. Look around the crown tube in the case for dirt which may prevent the crown from being pressed in fully.

If that doesn't work, then....

Step 2

Remove the movement from the case and try putting the crown in again and see if it works.

To remove the movement, lightly press both start/stop and reset buttons, then remove the inner ring (this prevents the buttons from coming off). Once the inner ring is removed, the buttons will just fall out.

If the stem/crown works well when the movement is out of the case then your stem is wound too far into the crown. There are ways to overcome this but try the first step above first.

HTH

Anil

37 minutes ago, anilv said:

Step 1

Check if any of the loctite (or any other gunk) got under the crown, preventing it from being pushed in fully. Look around the crown tube in the case for dirt which may prevent the crown from being pressed in fully.

Step 2

Remove the movement from the case and try putting the crown in again and see if it works.

To remove the movement, lightly press both start/stop and reset buttons, then remove the inner ring (this prevents the buttons from coming off). Once the inner ring is removed, the buttons will just fall out.

If the stem/crown works well when the movement is out of the case then your stem is wound too far into the crown. There are ways to overcome this but try the first step above first.

HTH

Anil

54 minutes ago, rogart63 said:

Maybe it was just screwed on a little bit. To short stem and someone had solved it by just screw the crown on a few turns. 

Thats great guys, thanks a lot. I will first try check under the crown, then I unscrew the stem some turn out. And try...If that is not working. I take the movment out of the case, and try. Thanks again  both, and have a good day!!    :-))

I will try

5 hours ago, anilv said:

Step 1

Step 2

HTH

Anil

They usually shot out. So be careful if you don't want to be on the floor searching for both the the spring and the pushers :)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, arkobugg said:

Here is a photo Roger....so very nice..  with an Rally tropic diver Strap

6139-6002.jpg

That puppy is nice . You have to fix it . At least get a new longer stem . Heed Rogart63's advice about taking care when removing the watch from the case , as the pusher and spring WILL shoot into space . It has happened to me even when I was trying to be careful . 

The small gear on the stem may have a spring , I don't remember , but be ready in case it does .

11 hours ago, ricardopalamino said:

That puppy is nice . You have to fix it . At least get a new longer stem . Heed Rogart63's advice about taking care when removing the watch from the case , as the pusher and spring WILL shoot into space . It has happened to me even when I was trying to be careful . 

The small gear on the stem may have a spring , I don't remember , but be ready in case it does .

Hey Guys, Hope this goes to all, Tok out the stem yesterday, and screwed it out some turns. And then all worked, but then when it its 100 % screwed in towards the crown, the stem is to short. So I think I have to get a new stem, or is some method to out somthing inside the thread on the crown. Someone with experience with this? It is just som turn, so the crown sits good.

Aloha arkobugg , I'm near the sea too ,..just a different one....

I think that if the stem is not fully seated into the crown and you try to use it that way by stuffing something into the crown as a filler , or you use something like loctite on only a few threads that make contact that you will either end up with the same situation you are facing now or you will strip the threads on the stem , crown , or both  rendering them useless . Now that you have loosened the crown on the stem and turned it out , you said that it all worked , but you also came to the realization that the stem IS actually to short . 

At this point I would get a new stem , fit it to a working length , and feel confident that you made a proper repair that will last . I know that the stems for this caliber are easily available and not too expensive .

Good Luck , Louis

Edited by ricardopalamino

15 minutes ago, ricardopalamino said:

Aloha arkobugg , I'm near the sea too ,..just a different one....

I think that if the stem is not fully seated into the crown and you try to use it that way by stuffing something into the crown as a filler , or you use something like loctite on only a few threads that make contact that you will either end up with the same situation you are facing now or you will strip the threads on the stem , crown , or both  rendering them useless . Now that you have loosened the crown on the stem and turned it out , you said that it all worked , but you also came to the realization that the stem IS actually to short . 

At this point I would get a new stem , fit it to a working length , and feel confident that you made a proper repair that will last . I know that the stems for this caliber are easily available and not too expensive .

Good Luck , Louis

Aloha Louis!

Yes you are near the sea too, a warmer one I think, here is like 10 degrees C, cold......brrrrrr

I totaly agree with you. In my world as a mecanic on my car and motorcycles I would not do it lik this either. But sometimes, I have to ask and ask, beacuse all this in new to me.  I measured the lenght with crown to 15,5 mm with a calipers yesterday. So can I find a exact stem that fits right on, or do I have to buy on that is longer, and adapt it? The only source for parts I have used intil now is Ebay, is that cool, or is it better places?   Lots of questions from a newbeb  he he ......    ; - )

Good questions .

The stems usually come longer so you can trim it to a particular case as the same movement may fit in several cases of different dimensions  .There are many videos on Youtube that address this , plus parts distributors like Esslinger and others have how-to videos on there sites .

Ebay is the easiest source to use but by all means , not the only source . Try to find someplace close to your end of the world to save on postage , but in the case of this stem , postage should not be a problem . I will again mention to pay particular attention to  the way the small gear for the inner rotating bezel is installed . 

SCWF= Seiko Citizen Watch Forum specializes in Seikos [and citizens ], and you can get a ton of Seiko related info there ,

although many members here on this forum are also members there and are just all-around  experienced with a plethora of watch types .

I believe that the stem you need is  seiko part # 357612 GENUINE WINDING STEM SEIKO POGUE 6139-6000 /1 /2 /5 /7 /9 /20 /22 /30 /32

There are other stems and part numbers , but they are for 6139 models that do not have the small gear for the inner rotating bezel . 

Good Luck , Louis

Great One- 6139A .pdf

Edited by ricardopalamino

54 minutes ago, ricardopalamino said:

I believe that the stem you need is  seiko part # 357612 GENUINE WINDING STEM SEIKO POGUE 6139-6000 /1 /2 /5 /7 /9 /20 /22 /30 /32

There are other stems and part numbers , but they are for 6139 models that do not have the small gear for the inner rotating bezel . 

Good Luck , Louis

Great One- 6139A .pdf

That is Loius!!   Thanks a lot, im on it...have a great day...