Stops after setting the crown in

Bonjour à tous !!

Cheers mate!

I have just got this very nice French diver watch yesterday. Got it for a nice price, service history unknown.

This is an automatic watch with a manuell winder aswell I think...

For two days ago, I shaked the watch and it started after I toke out the crown and turned the dials some turns. I put in the crown after that without seting the date. It was keeping the time pretty good, did not timegraph it. But fair enough....

Yesterday I tried to set the date by taking out the crown, and winding it several time to set the date. After that I pulled in the crown. After some seconds, the watch stoped. When I take out the crown it starts but stops after some seconds...

And I also noticed that I cant feel that Im winding the watch manualy when the crown is all the way in.

I have not opened it up yet....

Sombody that can give me a hint for what to look for when Im open the watch???

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600back.jpg

s-l1600front.jpg

Does the crown pull out with a click or just pull out easily. Sounds like a broken setting lever spring or your yoke isn't engaging. Time to have a look inside. You can also make a key to take the back of with some epoxy resin like miliput. Put some cling film over the back mould the resin over it  stick something into the resin to make a lever to hold and turn and leave to harden only cover the case back area tho not down the sides of the case. leave it a good 24 Hrs to harden properly.

Mick

Hello all nice people!!

First av all, thanks a lot for all kind advice, as usual a lot of people is willing to share of the endless knowledge.

I have open up the watch, and found out the the lever witch I marked with some red markings, the screw was loose, and the lever was not engaded, but was just lie on top og the gear. So I fixed that, and satte the watch back togheter. It started and whent for some 10 min. I took out crown and turn the hand forwards and backwards 2 mm, and the watch started again, this same thing happend 3 times. Then I tried to leave the crown out, and the same happend again. In the end and just lefte it not going, for the rest of the day. In the evning, I just had to try again, and after I had taken the crown out and in some times. The watch started and have keep the time since 19.00 yesterday, and still is going. I think there is somthing with the stem that is not been sort of released when going in ??   Comments??

Or , Like I said in my first message, service history unknown. So maybe it just need a good clean and oiling...

Spafax.jpg

18 hours ago, Cad101 said:

Does the crown pull out with a click or just pull out easily. Sounds like a broken setting lever spring or your yoke isn't engaging. Time to have a look inside. You can also make a key to take the back of with some epoxy resin like miliput. Put some cling film over the back mould the resin over it  stick something into the resin to make a lever to hold and turn and leave to harden only cover the case back area tho not down the sides of the case. leave it a good 24 Hrs to harden properly.

Mick

Hey Mick,

It pulls out with a click I have taken the movment out also. But I cant more until I start taking a part...

It has metal pins instead of jewels for its escapement It should tick nice and loud much louder than a jewelled watch and have a much more metallic sound to the tick

PinLeverDiagram.jpg

Metal Pin lever escapement

On 29.7.2016 at 4:34 PM, Cad101 said:

It has metal pins instead of jewels for its escapement It should tick nice and loud much louder than a jewelled watch and have a much more metallic sound to the tick

PinLeverDiagram.jpg

Metal Pin lever escapement

Thanks for you info Mick. For the past week the little french plongee have gone ok, no stops. So im decidet that I wait until autum by do the service on this one...But thanks for all help..

Have a nice evning in Barnsley Mick...:)