Help to understand Chinese watch instructions

Hi!

Can anyone be so kind as to explain to me, in more understandable English, what do these instructions mean?:

" when the hour hands  is  between 22-3 o'clock, the week, and date button will be not working . so you must ajust time button deasil to be  out above time . and if hour hand in 1 o'clock , pls don't ajust  time widdershins, otherwise , it will break the week and date movement !!!"

"You can rotate the minute hands when you rotate the crown deasil or in anti-clockwise direction."" Not to adjust time counterclockwise, but just clockwise. For some of the Six hands mechanical movements, do not adjust time counterclockwise at 1:00."

Source: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-ship-2012-New-Russian-Military-Watch-Black-Dial-Date-Week-24hour-Sub-dials-waterproof-leather/615611138.html

I know nothing about watches, and as a non-native English speaker, I'm having a hard time trying to understand these instructions written by another non-native English speaker.  I believe they mean to say: do not adjust time counterclockwise when the hours hand is pointing at 1, or the watch would break. The problem is: in this watch, a counterclockwise rotation of the crown results in a clockwise rotation of the hands! So I'm not sure whether they are referring to the crown or to the hands rotation when they say "to adjust time",etc…

Any help from someone knowledgeable on watches or familiar with these Jaragar watches, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

3 minutes ago, lordanti said:

Can anyone be so kind as to explain to me, in more understandable English, what do these instructions mean?

Welcome to the forum. You must not worry too much about that stuff, Robert Pirrsing in his book "Zen and the Art of motorcycle maintenance" explained how the the user manual is invariably written by the least knowledgeable person in the company; at the time the product is ready for the market the real experts have long moved on on other projects.  Then when it comes to Chinese sellers it's laughable how do they think they can write in English, however in this case I think he managed to convey the issue pretty good.

Now, from what I recall Asian movements have protection against date change at the "wrong time", unlike the ETA original, check:http://watchguy.co.uk/valjoux-7750-terminal-date-change-feature/

BTW, thanks for the link, I'm ordering one of these myself, even it it breaks right away at $21 it will pure fun to check it out or gift it to someone as an introduction to mechanical watches. 

35 minutes ago, rogart63 said:

I think it means? Don't adjust the time when the hands between 22 -3 a clock. That could break something? 

On an ETA 7750 it would break the date change wheel in the left on in the picture below, as Christian explained well in his blog linked above. I don't know if the watch that the OP and I have purchased has protection against that.

IMG_6503-768x576.jpg

Edited by jdm

Thanks for your answers.

I understand there are two different warnings:

a) If you attempt to change the date when the hours hand is between 10 and 3, you won't be able to do it

b ) If you attempt to adjust the time counterclockwise when the hours hand is pointing at 1, you will break the watch

So I guess the safest bet is simply to avoid counterclockwise rotation of the watch hands… assuming they are referring to the hands and not to the crown (as they turn in opposite directions in this watch)…

BTW I cancelled my order. I noticed it says "complete calendar" but there isn't any, that's is intolerable for $22  chronograph:D

No, really i did it because it has too many index rings, but I'm soon buying a Chinese watch without a doubt. 

• Like 1

It is not a chronograph but a "chronograph" :D

The left small dial shows a day of the week, the right one the day of the month and the bottom is a 24h dial.

The left crown turning the internal bezel!!!

And the movement is based on the cheapest Tongji something with the complications mentioned.

The case is zinc.

1 hour ago, szbalogh said:

It is not a chronograph but a "chronograph" :D

The left small dial shows a day of the week, the right one the day of the month and the bottom is a 24h dial.

The left crown turning the internal bezel!!!

And the movement is based on the cheapest Tongji something with the complications mentioned.

The case is zinc.

Thanks for the explanation, I was wrong and fixated with 7750 for some reason!