6497 4th wheel question

I decided to update and recase a cheapo 6497 movement as my first real project and have made a newbie error.

The original watch had hour and minute hands only and the new dial I wanted required a seconds hand at 9 o'clock.  I ordered a new 4th wheel with extended pivot to mount the second hand on but it doesn't fit.  The new 4th wheel has different number of teeth. See pics.  The wheel on the left is the part ordered and the part on the right is the original.  (AND yes I realize the pivot is broken on the original.  Whoever set up this movement clipped the extended pivot off and the pivot broke trying to extricate it from the jewel)

So now the question is.....obviously the cheap Asian copies of the ETA movement don't use the same wheel train so how do I identify this movement and get the right wheel?

Your help greatly appreciated!

Eric

4th_wheel.jpg

6497_1.jpg

6497_2.jpg

2 hours ago, Tcarpilot said:

So now the question is.....obviously the cheap Asian copies of the ETA movement don't use the same wheel train so how do I identify this movement and get the right wheel?

There are no parts available for Chinese movements, or if there are it's unknown to the Western world how to get them. The movement is replaced or the watch just thrown away.

It looks like the new fourth wheel is for a 6497-1 which beats at 18000 bph.  The fourth wheel with the broken pivot looks like 6497-2 clone which beats at 21600 bph.  Not sure if the ETA 6497-2 wheel would be compatible or not.  May be better to buy a new movement and put that one in the parts drawer for future spares like JDM recommended.