Confusing watch marks

Hi all - hope someone can help?

I have picked up a small bag of pocket watches - small ones, case diameter 40mm - assumed ladies or boys?

Anyway, my query.  The hallmarks are confusing and I've little help from my favourite website.

The Maker's mark is W.L (In a rectangle) and this, coupled with the Anchor mark and maker this a "William Lock & Co" watch, dated between 1881 and 1893 ("the mark 'W.L in a rectangle' was registered in October 1881. He changed the sponsor's mark to the W.L & Co initials in July 1893").  The "Lion Passant" is no help, just denoting sterling silver, sometime after 1820.

All straightforward enough.  Now onto the Date Mark: it is a "k" and of a font that means 1865 OR 1925, with neither date fitting when lock used W.L.

What's the date of this watch?

Another question.  I cannot find the mechanism in almighty Google (other search engines are available).  What am I looking at, please?

SAM_0049.JPG

SAM_0050.JPG

SAM_0053.JPG

SAM_0055.JPG

I believe though i could be wrong the case maker is either Walter Lunt or Walter Low, the date letter i think is 1833-34.

The movement may have a makers marking under one of those bridges or even the dial side. Ive often not seen the mark until it is disassembled , or it could be unmarked. The old ones are tricky to identify but someone else may know more than i :)

Don't Worry!  Thanks to my father's "Bradbury's" I can see what I never realised (oops); each assay office could have its own dating marks!  Was effectively using London Marks against Brum dates!

Thank you all!  1884 - not bad for the price of a 4-pack!

The movement is called a 5 bar movement with a cylinder escapement (no pallets) it has back key wind and back hand change. It is more than likely to be from the 1800 hundreds, It's a ladies watch. Some have exceptionally decorated enameled dials.  

I agree with Geo.

W.L & Co
William Lock & Co,
the mark 'W.L in a rectangle' was registered in October 1881. He changed the sponsor's mark to the W.L & Co initials in July 1893. Director names added at this time were Mr James Golbourne and Henry Loveridge. Latest records are for the early 1920's. Registered as Wholesale Jewellers, address was 176 Hockley Hill, Birmingham.
Birmingham 1900 hallmark

BIRMINGHAM116bis.jpg