Hi my name is Jeremy

Jeremy

Hi my name is Jeremy. I'm new to this and already addicted. My fascination with watches started with my grandfather. I never got to meet him but he gave my father a Seiko 17j automatic. He told my dad to give it to me when I turned eighteen. My dad told me it didn't need batteries, it was an automatic. I was hooked. 

As a kid I always like to take things apart but never seemed to put them back together. 

Two years ago I purchased a bucherer chronometer. I didn't know much about them but knew what I found was nice especially for 40 us dollars. I took it to a jeweler and asked him how much it would be for a cleaning. He said six hundred dollars. That it was a similar movement as Rolex. My mind was blown.

Last year I saved some money and was going to buy a Rolex. 

The more I thought about it the more didn't want to be like everyone else I wanted something different. I wanted to eventually build my own from parts.

Now I have a bunch of tools,a watch bench, and an ultrasonic cleaner and a zenith watch cleaning machine. I don't have a watch lathe, or a bushing machine but plan on getting those next.

I use to be addicted to prescription pills they almost ruined my life. Now I'm addicted to watches and working on them. I feel so calm when I work with such small parts and when I put them all together and there is life, it makes me feel alive. I also love the history and story behind every watch. Thank you all. Jeremy.

14686482373981182675961.jpg

1468648330532-1050218313.jpg

Welcome Jeremy! I think you are in a very special location: the land of ofrei.com! I wish I was close and not have to pay shipping...I order a lot from them. In any case, I enjoyed the picture of your watches, very nice!

Cheers,

Bob

• Like 1