The other Dad's watch

jdm

Beside the lovely Constellation Chronometer (which he was very happy to be able to wear today), he brought me another one that he found again after many years, a cute Philip Watch Carribean 700 automatic diver with an ETA 2369 movement.

P7042987.JPG

It has a monocoque case and measures just 30mm but Dad swears to have bought it as men's watch. In that time men did strange thing like carrying purses, so why not. Only problem was that the two parts stem had separated, once put back together all is good. Impressed with the decent pattern after all the years.

P7042984.JPG

haha..don't ask to many questions.. you may not like the answers!!

But truth be told, most mens watches from the 50-60s would definitely be considered small by todays standard. I would imagine that the effective diameter of this watch is probably the same as on most mens watches from the 70s, 60s.

Anil

Well unfortunately in this case Dad was really sold a ladies watch, probably as "just a size preference". I've checked and the men's model was 701 at 40mm, which is quite rare and valuable BTW. Of course I love it anyway as I have a distinct memory of it as a child.

• Like 1