CLARO cl888 mainspring

I have a cl888 movement that I am doing maintenance to I went to change mainspring but I can not find any information on it like to know what kind of mainspring I can us. Can anyone help with this problem.

Thanks Craig

6 minutes ago, lafwatch said:

I sent email to both email address and they do not answer.

Not surprising. One possibility is measuring the MS and barrel to locate a suitable replacement. However since it appears that this mov.t was introduced approx. 2008, the MS is not yet old enough for mandatory replacement due to aging. 

I thought the watch had an odd look to it like I've seen it before somewhere? So googling came up with this link which probably doesn't help you find a mainspring but does explain to me why it looked familiar it has a certain Asian look to it.

http://www.watchprojects.com/2010/10/27/claro-watch-big-trouble-in-little-switzerland/

I find the definition of watch maker interesting perhaps they should be labeled watch assembler as their assembling pieces from other makers. Read through their own history on the second page is a reference to your movement notice where the parts come from?

http://www.clarowatch.com/family_heritage.html

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Topics

• Sometimes a sticky hairspring might unravel after using a demagnetizer. But if you push the coils until they touch, they will stick together again. I find that brushing the coils gently while submerged in naptha the most effective way to cure a sticky hairspring. Sometimes it requires 2 or 3 washes to cure it. I often wondered what causes a hairspring to become sticky. The 9010 in the jewels are unlikely to drip onto the hairspring. The other possibility is the 9415 on the pallets. But then that's on the other side, below the balance. Can it "splash" onto the hairspring?  Looking at the stickiness and tenacity, I'm leaning towards 9415.
    • I was about to ask the same question, it sounds a lot like magnetism which is a quick fix (assuming you have access to the correct tool) and ideally something you should do anyway.
    • Nice! I have lately been buying up a handful of Arnex pieces on eBay because it is often obvious even without photos that they house a fine Unitas 6498. And many of the 1970s cases and "old timey themed" dials are irredeemably ugly so they are a cheap way to pickup great movements to power custom wristwatch projects. All of the ones I've bought were in like new condition, barely used assuming they were bought as graduation or retirement gifts in the 70s or 80s.
    • Walked by my local jeweler today and asked if I could dig around in his old watch case, and picked this guy up (along with a cool vintage compass and a Seiko kinetic5M62). My girlfriend's son asked if he could borrow one of my pocket watches for prom, so I thought if I can get this guy running it'd be a nice prom gift. Non-running. Felt like the balance was overbanked, but it turns out the train was jammed solid. Looks like it was just dried lubricant gluing the 3rd wheel in place, because it's clean as a whistle otherwise. Parts are in the ultrasonic right now.  
    • Neverenoughwatches. I did read your experience with the basket. I did try to file mine to true it up..but I couldn't find the sweet spot. I figured I would just bite the bullet and get the Elma components.   Thanks Randy