Video: Servicing an IWC FA Jones watch. Watch repair tutorials.

• 1 year later...

Great demo.

i noticed you were using a scredriver with a much smaller blad as the slit in the screws from the crownwheel. Are you not afraid for damaging the slit in the screw?

also your tweezers are looking very rough. I always make an effort to polish the outside of the tweezer to minimize the  change of scratching the delicate parts. Am I overly worried here?

thanks

ron

40 minutes ago, Ronp said:

I noticed you were using a scredriver with a much smaller blad as the slit in the screws from the crownwheel. Are you not afraid for damaging the slit in the screw?

also your tweezers are looking very rough. I always make an effort to polish the outside of the tweezer to minimize the  change of scratching the delicate parts. Am I overly worried here?

In my experience, perfectly matching blade width to a screw cut is not so important as having a vertical and precise motion, and Mark certainly has one. And the outside of tweezers, rough or smooth, doesn't scratch any part. 

• Similar Content

• By Graziano
      Hi all I thought this was interesting. So I share, but not my popcorn. 

• By AbeH
      Hello everyone am new to this thanks for the great forum ,
      i have an IWC watch with 630/1 movement after removing the stem from the movement the watch quit working I tried to change the battery but didn’t help so please guys if anyone knows what’s going on with it help me out please .

thanks in advance.
    • By PJA
      I have a few old watches that need cleaning and oiling I believe. My question is since I don't have stacking jewels tool, can I put the disassembled watch into the ultrasonic machine with the jewels in place ( I mean wherever they are sitting at on the plate etc.) or will it damage the jewels and therefore I should just clean the parts with the jewels by hand?
      Thanks for the help.
    • By maclerche
      Hi
      I am very impressed with the beautiful videos like Mark and all you other put up in this forum ... thanks for that. But since I also am curious by nature, I would like to hear which setup is used to record these movies, since I also want to record some over time.