IWC 630/1 movement help!!

AbeH

Question

Hello everyone am new to this thanks for the great forum ,

i have an IWC watch with 630/1 movement after removing the stem from the movement the watch quit working I tried to change the battery but didn’t help so please guys if anyone knows what’s going on with it help me out please .

thanks in advance.

3 answers to this question

What made you remove the stem from the movement? Was it broken?

I believe that most quartz movements will not run if the stem is pulled out to the setting position. If you removed the stem, you probably put the keyless work in setting position as you pulled it out. It should go back into running position when the stem is replaced pressed all the way in. If not,  maybe something's hanging up, or got semi-permanently displaced, in that keyless work area. That looks like a very complicated quartz movement, so I hope it's something simple. Good luck. 

• Like 1

I found this website where the watchmaker took apart what I believe is the same, or at least similar movement to yours. Scroll about halfway down to where they talk about the hacking feature.

Beyond that you'll find this: " The issue with the non running of the movement was down to this little chap, the stop lever. This was the shape it was in…. " That statement is next to an image of what he called a stop-lever.

Again, good luck.

IWC quartz chronograph

Edited by MrRoundel
Add second paragraph with quote.
  • Like 1

I found this website where the watchmaker took apart what I believe is the same, or at least similar movement to yours. Scroll about halfway down to where they talk about the hacking feature.
Beyond that you'll find this: " The issue with the non running of the movement was down to this little chap, the stop lever. This was the shape it was in…. " That statement is next to an image of what he called a stop-lever.
Again, good luck.

IWC quartz chronograph

You’re awesome my friend thank you,

What made me remove the movement is the seconds winder keep getting stock with minutes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

• Similar Content

• By RNS
      Good day all,
      I'm a recent 30 year retiree and elected to start cleaning some of my older watches that ended up in a box wrapped in a towel.  One in particular, a gift from my grandfather, began working with a new battery but the crystal appears foggy.
      I would appreciate specific instructions for removing the stem/ crown and cleaning the crystal from an 1980 Seiko with the 6030A movement.
      Thank you in advance.
      Regards,
      Rick

• By Ivan
      Hello all.
      I have a Krieger Gigantium Automatic Watch, but the stem of the crown is broken,
      I am not sure about the movement, I think it is Self-Winding Automatic Swiss Made 25 Jewels ETA, anyone of you know?
      Do you know who or where I can contact  or buy the correct stem?
      Thanks

Ivan
    • By GoMSUSpartans
      Looking for advice.  Daughter (7) bought me a pocket watch from a second hand store.  The hunter case crown is missing a cap to open the front. It appears to be threaded.  Essinger seems to have the right replacement part. I can't figure out how to get the stem and crown out. I think this is an old Belle Suisse 8810. Help?  Also I know it is posted to wrong forum but this was the only non grayed out option.

• By Flozdog1
      I have managed to snap my winding stem whilst cleaning, I cannot seem to identify the correct stem, could anyone please help?

• By Alanmc
      Hi. Aftet many hours trying to fit a seagull st36 to a hamilton kahki case I think I'm done. First recieved movement and put all parts together with a pleasef smile on my face. Then the second hand stopped.... Aftet advice i took parts apart fiddled with second hand and rebuilt parts. This time the stem just doesn't engage properly and slips in and out easily. Movement is fine it seems but stem just doesn't want to play. It did when first assembled. So i am figuring i just want it working and want to send it off to someine far more experienced than I....any sugestions?