Text to illustration ?

Call me old-fashioned, sour old man or whatever you want to ..
But there is one thing that ls me or rather disappoint me.
When making a fine fine article with a lot of illustrations then it is a shame that you can not hold on to the good old virtues of placing text right under it to illustrate. Open any book that is the descriptive text below the image. It has always been and it should also remain for ease of reading.

In this and many other forums have begun to put text over the image or artwork and even the same distance to the next image. This makes it very annoying to read and in particular to understand ....
I know that the software in forums and blogs often makes it difficult to place the text right under the illustration, but if just the description under the illustration, so we've come far ...

Maybe it's just me, sorry

Google translate is my friend!

Hi maclerche - the Reply box in this forum (I'm looking at it as I type) has a spacing option - left, centre or right - for placing pics and text into the reply. I would have thought it fairly straightforward to centre/align your pics and text as you feel fit, using a combination of place options for the pic and spaces for the text like this:

Screen%20shot%202016-04-21%20at%2016.26.

A screenshot centered

A screenshot placed right with centred caption

A screen shot placed left with centred caption                  

Just my two-penn'orth!

Will

True - but it's still possible to alternate - say - text with pictures and set the alignment. It's also possible to edit the picture immediately after creating it - by double-clicking it - and change the size and alignment of both text and pictures. Here's a picture:

Hamilton 747.gif This was originally 750x750 px when I inserted it into the post - I double-clicked and changed the aspect to 75x75.

Here's the pic again: Hamilton 747.gif resized and then centered.

All images in the post are the same picture from "choose files" option...

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Hamilton 747.gifWill :D

• Like 2