Some Of My Collection

ausimax

These are some of my collection, a couple of them are my own watches I have rebuilt, the rest are rescued wrecks mainly from Raymon (The Watch Collector) on eBay.

It has grown a little since these photos were taken I now have about 50 watches.

post-1709-0-82312300-1452165724_thumb.jp

post-1709-0-37049400-1452166015_thumb.jp

Max

it looks like you have a 6119 - 602x there, max. i'm just drwan to them for some reason.

and, these just seem to keep falling into my lap. i've got five of them, but none with crown gear and most without crown. i'll get them in top nick sooner or later.

+1 on ramon. i just got a 6119 - 6023 from him and i'm thinking i shoulda passed. it's had a hard life.

and, they seem to show up with such interesting schmutz on them. :startle:

Edited by ramrod

Nice.

I too buy from Ramon. Great source of cheap parts/watches.

I do sometimes wonder where he gets some of them as they look like hell.

I have the same asymmetric as you. Cost me £20 for the watch on Gumtree and a further £20 odd for ONE link [emoji33]

Yes Ramon seems to have heaps, must pay kids ti pick them out of the dump I think, though with the Aussie $ worth so little his are not to cheap anymore cost me on average about AU$ 32.00 per watch if I buy individually, I usually go for the bargain basement 3 or 4 watch lots some good - some bad.

Just got in three from India, don't look too bad dials are good, only cost $7.15 including postage, but even they are pushing up their prices.

A nice watch the asymmetric, unfortunately I got mine from Gumtree also with less joy, cost $70.00 just needs new battery - Oh Yeah needed new movement $90.00 from Cousins, didn't know quite as much then, could have got a Hattori YM62 locally for $33.00 - well we live and learn!

It was a real pain though the dial isn't secured just the dial feet locate into the movement, every time I tried to case it the dial would move and pop off the sub dial hands dont know how many times I had to refit those fiddly little buggers before I succeeded, wouldn't even look at the watch for weeks I was so pissed, but its back in favor now.

Max

it looks like you have a 6119 - 602x there, max. i'm just drwan to them for some reason.

and, these just seem to keep falling into my lap. i've got five of them, but none with crown gear and most without crown. i'll get them in top nick sooner or later.

+1 on ramon. i just got a 6119 - 6023 from him and i'm thinking i shoulda passed. it's had a hard life.

and, they seem to show up with such interesting schmutz on them. :startle:

Yes Tim, a 6119-6023 had it from new and it had a pretty hard life as a working watch, then it stopped working and was in a drawer for about 10 years till I got into watches, had a broken balance staff, bought a donor and gave it a transplant and spent hours grinding back the crystal to remove the welding splatter, was almost impossible to read before.

Max

Seems you rounded up all the Seikos out there, Max, nice collection! I do have a lot of them too, mostly what I do all the time since they are easy and take less time to work on...don't get me wrong, I do work on other watches time permitting and Seikos sometimes are a little tricky to fix right, being among other things a little "hairspring" weak...well, the ones I got are usually "all" springs weak! :) The troubleshoot and fix sometimes do take some time!

Cheers,

Bob

• 2 months later...