An Omega From 1964 - Just Had To Have One

WillFly

Well, I blame you Omega owners on this forum! It's all your fault. I was bitten with the bug, spotted a nice plain one from 1964 on the devilish Bay, made an offer - and bingo! Offer accepted. Better pics when I get it. Meanwhile...

Omega%20face.jpg

Omega%20movement.jpg

• Like 1

Outstanding. Same movement as mine. Be careful, this may become your favourite watch :D

You will most likely need a crown for it but those are reasonable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Outstanding. Same movement as mine. Be careful, this may become your favourite watch :D

You will most likely need a crown for it but those are reasonable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are several crowns on the Cousins site, divided into: dustproof, hermetic and other categories - in various sizes. Which would be correct style, size and tap size for this calibre?

The Omega arrived this morning - very nice indeed - and, as guessed, the crown is very worn so will be replaced. The movement's running beautifully. The case back and crystal are in excellent nick, but the plating on the bezel is very worn in parts. At some stage I shall get it replated.

Incidentally, I've had case finishing done for me by this chap - Adam Phillips - and can highly recommend him. The Omega will go to him in time.

http://www.watchcaseworks.co.uk/home

Omega%201964%20601%20face.JPG

Omega%201964%20601%20crown.JPG

Edited by WillFly