Winding Stem For Unknown Mechanism

nambutler

Hi

Can anyone recognise this mechanism. It's fitted to a copy omega which has some sentiment value to me. Im looking for a replacement winder stem

Here's the stem against a similar stem which is too small

3627B28D-ED12-4B67-B72C-72EE0353A145.png

The mechanism in question

EC7BF657-7C2A-43B2-9371-54BB702038A8.jpg

8AD32A7B-B9E0-4D72-83F1-FED6D2E2EB4E.jpg

I've also been told I can get the small piece out of the crown by leaving it in aluminium potassium sulphate solution to resolve the steel stem. Is this a recognised way of recovering a crown?

Any help would be really appreciated

Best regards

Mark

• Like 1

it's a recognized way of removal - in fact, it's something i have to do with a seiko crown.

i was told that the alum will attack only the stem leaving the crown intact. however, someone else replied that some of the stems are stainless steel. which would technically eliminate the effectiveness of the alum.

so the answer is: maybe.

i'm gonna try the alum on my stem anyway.

Thanks.....fingers crossed! Appreciate your help

Nope that looks different . But read that it could be a ETA copy. So a ETA 2824 or 2836 stem would fit . Did n't have one but found pictures on the net. And they look the same . you could measure and see if it would fit?http://www.windingstems.com/eta.php

Look under the 2824-2 stem. There is more info.

Or measure the A and E on your stem and enter them in the search . There will come up suggestions on fitting stems . 

Edited by rogart63

Nope that looks different . But read that it could be a ETA copy. So a ETA 2824 or 2836 stem would fit . Did n't have one but found pictures on the net. And they look the same . you could measure and see if it would fit?http://www.windingstems.com/eta.php

Look under the 2824-2 stem. There is more info.

Or measure the A and E on your stem and enter them in the search . There will come up suggestions on fitting stems .

Thanks. I'll give the a try and see what comes up. Much appreciated

From your pic there looks enough left to use a stem extender if you can't find a new stem and alum powder does work on a steel stem in a stainless crown it's helped me out before

Why didn't i think of that ? Good tips. A stem extender would probably work fine.