Will This Jeweling Staking Set....?

diamondslayer

I've bought from this seller before and I'm very satisfied with his items. He is kind of fair on the prices but not cheap. What you get is careful package and products sometimes better than expected. He appears to know about watchmaking or at least its tools. I would ask if the set is compatible with the Bergeon parts (stumps, stakes, etc) and since it has a jeweling attachment if it is also compatible with Seitz parts. If so, I'd say go ahead...

This is what you are looking for to get the same versatility: Two different tools at something like this: Bergeon Staking tool = US$1000 and Seitz Jeweling Tool = US$1000....approximately.

Of course, I'm new to this too so maybe more experienced people can jump in and expand on this. I'd love to "hear" from the pros. Just as this is my own opinion but hope it helps.

Cheers,

Bob

Although I agree with syfre, I still think it would be a great addition to your tools. Example: A Seiko 7S26 gently used, when tried to repair the post for the intermediate wheel (the one that changes the date and the day) came apart. I used my staking tool to fix. In another instance, another Seiko, this time a 7S36, bought non runner showed a cracked jewel...staking tool with jewel attachment time and movement fixed and running good. Later, a Unitas 6498 with a cracked jewel came along and the jewel attachment fixed it.

I can tell you many instances of new and not so new watches where a staking set will be useful. ...but YES, you don't use it every day. I for instance can count with my fingers of one hand the instances I've used mine in the 2 years I've had it....It all boils down to decisions and more decisions!  :)

Cheers,

Bob

As there is a thread about staking tool . I borrow it if it's okay? Bought a staking tool on auction? The tool or whats it's called is missing. Only punches in good condition. It's a Favorite tool . So now looking for the tool part. Could i buy any tool out there? the punches has a diameter of 4,7 mm . Found a nice old K D staking tool on Ebay . Would that work with my Favorite punches? maybe a little expensive? http://www.ebay.com/itm/OLD-K-D-Staking-Tool-Kendrick-Davis-Special/181962937077?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D34881%26meid%3D0fc43b80682e43828bde98f9856be61f%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D4%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D181960702194

Rogart, I'm not sure. I will have to measure my K&D to actually tell you...I will do in the morning as right now it is not possible to get at it...It is 1am here and everyone is asleep. In my mind, they are about 4mm not 4.7mm so they might not fit...this is not a definitely answer...I'll tell you for sure tomorrow...or to say it properly, later today! :)

As there is a thread about staking tool . I borrow it if it's okay? Bought a staking tool on auction? The tool or whats it's called is missing. Only punches in good condition. It's a Favorite tool . So now looking for the tool part. Could i buy any tool out there? the punches has a diameter of 4,7 mm . Found a nice old K D staking tool on Ebay . Would that work with my Favorite punches? maybe a little expensive? http://www.ebay.com/itm/OLD-K-D-Staking-Tool-Kendrick-Davis-Special/181962937077?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D34881%26meid%3D0fc43b80682e43828bde98f9856be61f%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D4%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D181960702194

4.7mm is the "normal" punch size for staking sets if there is such a thing, but you could never be sure and just buy any tool. You would need to ask the seller to measure the internal diameter I would think.

Stephen

• Like 2

4.7mm is the "normal" punch size for staking sets if there is such a thing, but you could never be sure and just buy any tool. You would need to ask the seller to measure the internal diameter I would think.

Stephen

I will wait and see what it is when i get it home? One day i find a nice favorite staking tool to go with my punches. 

Edited by rogart63