Early Snow Scene

clockboy

I was asked to look & see if I could get working again a friends watch that was his fathers . It is a Rotary with a Peseux 320 movement.

I always put such watch on my Timograph just to see what I am up against well see below.

post-234-0-93398600-1448012136_thumb.jpg

The big issues with this watch was getting the back off to say the least it was very difficult & I had to prise it off using my case opener tool. This tool is invaluable with a tight case back

Not my one but the same design

post-234-0-41190400-1448012440.png

The other issues was the movement was very,very dirty & it was a mile out of beat (9.0 ms). The cleaning assembly & lube very straight forward but adjusting the beat was tricky as adjustment was only achievable by moving the hairspring collet. However this pic was after a few tweeks. 

post-234-0-35150000-1448012895_thumb.jpg

I did eventually get the beat error down to 0.8ms  & settled for that. Fitted a new high dumb cystel job done apart form a new strap required.

post-234-0-81202800-1448012767_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Nice to see another watch saved from the bin,  it looks like new.   I sometimes found that the winding button on watches that had been well used had started to become smooth or were too small to wind comfortably,  a new button/crown made a big difference to how easy it was to wind up,  just my thoughts.

Nice to see another watch saved from the bin,  it looks like new.   I sometimes found that the winding button on watches that had been well used had started to become smooth or were too small to wind comfortably,  a new button/crown made a big difference to how easy it was to wind up,  just my thoughts.

Good point will ask the guy when I see him if he would like that although this one is not to bad.

Nice job but as its not s/second wouldn't a "low dumb crystel" been better. :D

Maybe but I am sure my friend will be more than happy with the result. He might actually buy me a few beers (hopefully)  :woohoo-jumping-smiley-emoticon:

:D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

OK 

The main tweek was the hairspring was contaminated with something that the watch cleaning machine did not shift. So I removed the hairspring from the balance  & soaked in one dip. After approx. a dozen moves with the hairspring collet got it with a reasonable  beat error.

After these I ran the watch for an hour or so before the final regulation. Since then I have attached it to my watch tester for 24hours just to double check all was well. And that,s it no more comments please  as I have some serious wine drinking to pursue this evening.

• Like 1