Boot Fair Bargain !

atimegoneby

I picked this up at a local boot fair a couple of months ago for £3, the chap I bought it from told me he'd owned it for around 40 years.

Although the crown is missing it just seems to have come unscrewed as the stem is present,

haven't done anything to it yet (not had time) but looking forward to it !    :) 

post-31-0-21098300-1446324880_thumb.jpg

post-31-0-64813800-1446324924_thumb.jpg

I reckon that'll be a Raketa 2609.HA under the snap on case back.

A capable little engine with end stones for the escape wheel held in place with spring clips which can be a challenge to reinstall, a tiny little hole jewel set into the tip of the centre wheel pinion for the seconds hand pinion to run in, a lefty for the crown wheel screw (3 slots), a press fit cover plate for the motion works, and a shim under the balance cock. With what looks like a Russian version of Incabloc shock protection and an adjustable stud carrier it's a nice movement to work on and can turn out quite good performance.

In case you hadn't guessed, I have done one or two of these  :) .

Cosmetically yours looks to be pretty good so provided  no one has  brutalised the hair spring you should end up with a great everyday watch. If you get stuck for any spare parts let me know, I may have some bits and pieces in my goody box.

• Like 4

Cosmetically yours looks to be pretty good so provided  no one has  brutalised the hair spring you should end up with a great everyday watch. 

Funny you should say that, Marc. Here's what I'm wearing as an everyday watch at the moment.

post-1267-0-48623900-1446339845_thumb.jp

I wish I'd gotten mine as cheaply as atimegoneby.

• Like 3

A capable little engine with end stones for the escape wheel held in place with spring clips which can be a challenge to reinstall, a tiny little hole jewel set into the tip of the centre wheel pinion for the seconds hand pinion to run in, a lefty for the crown wheel screw (3 slots), a press fit cover plate for the motion works, and a shim under the balance cock. With what looks like a Russian version of Incabloc shock protection and an adjustable stud carrier it's a nice movement to work on and can turn out quite good performance.

Cosmetically yours looks to be pretty good so provided  no one has  brutalised the hair spring you should end up with a great everyday watch. If you get stuck for any spare parts let me know, I may have some bits and pieces in my goody box.

Thanks for the info Marc,  that'll be really useful when I start to work on it.   :)

Phil.

• 3 weeks later...

Spot on Marc ! 

I started work on it today !  

As the crown was missing I couldn't wind it but when I took the back off I gave it a couple of winds from inside & with a gentle shake it came to life.

It looks in quite good order except for being dry and some of the coils on the hairspring look unevenly spaced. I let it run for about an hour before taking it apart.

This will actually be my first proper strip of a mechanical watch, ( I'm really used to clocks, the odd pocket watch, & quartz watch movement swaps, etc ) so this will be a bit of a learning curve !  but everything so far has come apart no prob. 

The only query I have is the centre wheel comes about halfway out & comes to a stop ?, I don't want to force it  and do damage, not sure what to do ?

so have left it for today.  :unsure:

post-31-0-84755400-1448057209_thumb.jpg

post-31-0-79429900-1448057318_thumb.jpg

post-31-0-37932500-1448057419_thumb.jpg

post-31-0-16629500-1448057476_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Funny you should say that, Marc. Here's what I'm wearing as an everyday watch at the moment.

attachicon.gifIMG_2329.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_2329.jpg

That's a nice Sekonda is that a 34mm case? looks bigger.

Nice clean watch you got . Nice price too . I have a few Russian watches and I have seen the prices go up in the last year as they get more popular .

I have a Vostoc ships clock ....next to a Vostoc diver . 

post-808-0-64837800-1448778826_thumb.jpg

I put a Slava watch on a Green canvas strap that seems to suit it . The Slava has 2 mainsprings btw .

post-808-0-97433200-1448778847_thumb.jpg