End Of Oct Means End Of Eta Parts?

Hi first time writing on forum.  I here for some watch makers and parts dealers that come the end of this Oct we will no longer be able to get parts or movements for ETA or Ronda  can some one shed more light on this subject  Thank you 

a lot o info on the web, google 'eta to stop supply of parts' .

There will still be some stuff out there but expect the parts for common movements like 2836 family to dry up soon. I bet the aftermarket will catch up and fill the void for common parts like mainsprings, balances, stems, winding pinions etc but for not so common movements this is bad news.

Anilv

Hi first time writing on forum.  I here for some watch makers and parts dealers that come the end of this Oct we will no longer be able to get parts or movements for ETA or Ronda  can some one shed more light on this subject  Thank you 

If it is an ETA,OMEGA etc,etc & it needs a spare then it will be either scrapped or sent to a recognised Swatch service centre.

End of story.

Just spotted this Australian fleabay site who appear to have decided to dispose of all their Omega and related stock due to the demise of availability of parts at end of year.  Postage/courier may be a bit expensive outside Oz.  Probably still some bargains to be had and may be of use to some members.

http://ebay.co.uk/sch/abouttime-ch/m.html?item=381412082126&hash=item58cdee81ce&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

Edited by canthus

Just spotted this Australian fleabay site who appear to have decided to dispose of all their Omega and related stock due to the demise of availability of parts at end of year.  Postage/courier may be a bit expensive outside Oz.  Probably still some bargains to be had and may be of use to some members.

http://ebay.co.uk/sch/abouttime-ch/m.html?item=381412082126&hash=item58cdee81ce&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

Parts are going to be very expensive & for us guys if we take on a service / repair I expect mostly the parts we have to use will be used. Therefore most of the servicing will now be done by recognised serviced centres & many customers will be shocked at the service centre prices. 

In my humble opinion the result will be used Omegas, Longines, Tissot,s or in fact any watch that has an ETA movement their used values will plummet. 

In fact when I do my searches for used watches or asked for a repair/service and they are Eta etc I now give them miss.