Smit

Thanks for the file provided, I am currently trying to learn how to repair torsion clocks and I need the 400 day clock book as a scanned copy. If you have, please share, I would be very grateful. Thank you

avito-1712642062187-shot.jpg

I don't know where you can get a scanned copy. You could always buy the book. I know its expensive but older copies come up a lot on ebay, but if you are going to repair these clocks the newest version is the one to get. You will also need a clock mainspring winder. The 400 day beat setting tool is must. They all run on very little oil. 

• Like 1

I do not have the opportunity to buy this book on eBay, since I am in another country, in which this trading platform has not worked for some time, I hope you understand where I am coming from. but I saw a scanned copy of the book, so please, if you have the opportunity and desire to help me find this version of the book. this book will really help me a lot. hope for understanding

to removing the mainspring without any problems with pliers, holding the drum in a hand vice. There are no problems with this, and no additional device is needed. If you want, I can share my know-how on how to remove the spring without any problems.

I also don’t have a tool for setting the rhythm.

I also don’t have a tool for setting the rhythm.

Инструмента для задания ритма у меня тоже нет.

I don’t have a tool for setting the rhythm either.

Инструмента для задания ритма у меня тоже нет.

but you won’t believe it, this can be easily solved with the tools at hand, for example, it’s very convenient to do this with an ordinary scalpel, which I insert into the slots of the adjusting screw and successfully, quite accurately adjust the rhythm, you don’t even need specially sharpened pliers

Hi from your narrative you seem to be au fait with anniversary clocks. I do not know of any scanned copies of the twilligers 400 day manual. They can be bought from Cousins uk (material house)  approx cost £25 .   Or alternatively look at the meadows and Passmore web site.  www.m-p.co.uk as it contains a lot of valuable data on anniversary clocks.

Having looked around the net there are several sites that have a scanned copy but they all require setting up an account the main one being    www.scribid.com

Good time!

I have been repairing watches for a long time, but anniversary watches are not often repaired, so it is important for me to know some parameters of this watch: the length and thickness of the torsion bar, the location of the fork, the article number of spare parts, and more. For this I would like to have a book 400 gay clock.

I can't access www.scribid.com. I described the reason earlier. If anyone has the opportunity to download a scan of this book from this site for me, I would be very grateful. Thank you for your understanding. Best regards.

Screenshot_20240410_061729_Chrome.jpg

Removing the mainspring without any problems with pliers, holding the drum in a hand vice. There are no problems with this, and no additional device is needed. If you want, I can share my know-how on how to remove the spring without any problems.

This is bad practice and certainly not recommended. In doing so you are distorting the mainspring. The mainspring should be flat when pulled out with pliers it will not be flat, so when the spring is back in the barrel and wound the spring will be rubbing  the inside which will cause uneven tension which will then effect timekeeping.  The tools I mentioned are a must and they will certainly help you in improving your work. 

Cant you obtain the book from other sources such as Amazon comes to mind. What country are you in? There must be book shops in your country. I don't know of any place where the book is in pdf format for free.     

https://ru.scribd.com/document/35949737/400-day

Виды перевода

Перевод текстов

русский (определен автоматически)

английский

Исходный текст

.....Заводная пружина должна быть плоской, когда ее вытягивают плоскогубцами.....

немного некорректно сработал перевод,я имел в виду круглогубцы, и пружина остаётся без повреждений. В процессе извлечения пружины, самое сложное удержать в руках барабан,так как он маленького размера, а пружина довольно мощная. Поэтому я использую ручные тиски и зажимаю барабан через прокладку из резины.

.....Zavodnaya pruzhina dolzhna byt' ploskoy, kogda yeye vytyagivayut ploskogubtsami..... nemnogo nekorrektno srabotal perevod,ya imel v vidu kruglogubtsy, i pruzhina ostayotsya bez povrezhdeniy. V protsesse izvlecheniya pruzhiny, samoye slozhnoye uderzhat' v rukakh baraban,tak kak on malen'kogo razmera, a pruzhina dovol'no moshchnaya. Poetomu ya ispol'zuyu ruchnyye tiski i zazhimayu baraban cherez prokladku iz reziny.

Ещё

388 / 5 000

Результаты перевода

Перевод

.....The mainspring should be flat when pulled out with pliers.....

The translation worked a little incorrectly, I meant round nose pliers, and the spring remains undamaged. In the process of removing the spring, the most difficult thing is to hold the drum in your hands, since it is small in size, and the spring is quite powerful. So I use a hand vice and clamp the drum through a rubber spacer.