So my grandfather had this rado diastar watch, ive tried to find it online but could only find its name or something which is c1978, the case is completely broken in half, is there a way to repair this case, or any place to find a replacement for this case as my father wants to wear it now.

10 hours ago, Muaaz said:

the case is completely broken in half,

I assume from your description that this is one of their ceramic cases? one of the problems with Rado is that it's a Swatch group brand. For instance you look at the link below reference to spare parts they won't sell to us.

then Rado does have a policy for vintage watches. you're supposed to send pictures of the front and the back of the watch clear photos so they can read everything to their service department so they can evaluate how to proceed. Plus make any of the watch companies of its vintage enough there are no spare parts available. That would mean you would have to go look on eBay.

Then if were to help you here we basically need the same thing a really clear photo of the front and back of the watch.

https://service.rado.com/faq?country=us

Posted (edited)

yea its like someone took a bite out of it lol, do you know any case on ebay that would fit this specific watch, i found loads but not sure theres one that would fit this

oh the back of the watch aswell.... ill try to get it in sometime

Edited by Muaaz
didnt know that old message would be replied

Rado uses movements from ETA. Check what movement is inside. If it's a 2824 or 2836, then you are in luck. There are plenty of after market cases from China, which can be found on AliExpress. 

I had a badly chewed up Rado Emperor in a gold plated case. It had a lot of the plating worn off and deep scratches everywhere. I replaced the case with a Chinese 2836 case and it fits perfectly. 

These cases are ceramic or some other junk, they break before the owner sneeze, so if you replace with another ceramic case, you'd be looking for a third case soon after.

Stainless steel case ends this tragedy.

Good luck

1 hour ago, Nucejoe said:

open the back

out of curiosity the number that I quoted below where do you find that number on the watch itself? Usually they have numbers on the case back sometimes on the inside is this one of those numbers? Because it makes it really hard for us to help you if we have no idea what were looking for.

On 3/29/2024 at 5:03 PM, Muaaz said:

c1978

no the thing is i google searched that image and the only thing i found which was same about the watch was the "c1978" thing, i dont know what that it is and how its correlated but yea

and uhhhh i really dont know how to open the case lol, i know there are caseback removal tools but i dont really have them, my dad has taken them to many watch makers and they told no other case would fit in the watch, so i guess its safe to assume that it isnt any of the 2 movements someone mentioned earlier...?? 

1 hour ago, Muaaz said:

i really dont know how to open the case lol, 

Show the back.

Not much left for the back to be attached too? 

Edited by Nucejoe

5 hours ago, Muaaz said:

no the thing is i google searched that image and the only thing i found which was same about the watch was the "c1978" thing, i dont know what that it is and how its correlated but yea

in other words that number is kind of made up. It actually says it was made about 1978 according to the YouTube video I was watching which is why suspected that's a made up number.

Then we need to see the picture of the back of the watch and I need you to look at the back of the watch and see if there's any writing on it use of the watch companies put something on the back is there anything there? Is probably a serial number but there might be other numbers and we definitely need to see the back