Omega Caliber 601

fuse63

Welcome to the forum Fuse63.

It would be a hood idea to post a picture of the balance cock assembly that you are working on as there are a few different ways that the end of the hairspring could be attached.

I have not worked on a 601 myself, but having looked at the balance assembly, I would agree that the screw head you are referring to would rotate the keeper on the other side and free the spring. Normally you can rotate the keeper or boot as it is sometime referred to in either direction, whether this is like that I do not know. Make sure that you dress a screwdriver to be a snug fit before attempting to turn the keeper.

post-124-0-47617000-1443972441_thumb.jpe

http://watchguy.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/IMG_1755-1024x768.jpg

Its the same as this one. I need to open the guard that is on the regulator pin. There is what looks like to be a screw on top but when i try to turn it it wont move and i dont want to force it if this isnt the correct way. Im assuming it is but am not 100% sure

The screw is on the other side i think . You will have to remove the complete balance cook with the balance and everything . Turn it upside down and there should be a slot in the regulator . Or what it's called in english ?