Hullo, My Introduction

Hullo all.  I have often looked for advice and tips through the many forum pages here and learnt a lot. I have picked up courage to sign up and to also ask for some advice.  I have been tinkering with watches for a couple of years and have had a steep learning curve!

I would appreciate some advice about an Omega 661 that I won on ebay. I don't think I quite realised what I won until it arrived as it is very small! It was working but poorly and looked like it needed a service. I have got it running reasonably well with amplitude 260 (I didn't replace the mainspring as I don't have the correct winder and it looked to my eye in good condition) and a BE 0.9 which I am satisfied with in DU and DD positions (I don't want to adjust as I don't have that skill set!) The rotor post is worn but it spins freely enough.

My question is when I attached the automatic winding bridge and wind via the crown it is very smooth and I can see the large wheel of winding wheel spin freely.  Putting on the rotor the watch winds as it should when the rotor is rotated in each direction.  However, as I put a wind through the crown with the rotor on the rotor spins (helicoptering I think). I have dismantled the automatic bridge several times and I can't see how this wouldn't happen when winding via the crown. 

I would be very grateful for any advice if this has happened to anyone else and how to remedy it or if (I think unlikely) it was meant to do this. Thanking you in advance.

Apologies if this is in the incorrect topic area.

Andrew