Differnce between 2788 and 2789-1 2789?

Hello again. 

I have been lucky enough to obtain a MUDU watch, inspired by 'Gentlemen' (Thank you). It arrived and I secured the lose rotor and movement holder. Yes, that's all it needed, honest. However I wish to do the job correctly and do a full service.  I has a very good condition ETA 2788 movement.  Timegrapher - 176s,  226 degrees. 1.4ms. 52 degrees running at 21600.

I have been searching, without luck, for a 2788 pats and oiling sheet. I have the 2789, but my internet skills to not seem to be good enough. Can anyone help with a location of a download? 

I am pretty sure that I could do the service without, but preparation is the name of the game. 

Will keep you all posted with the service.

Toothache still raging. Feels like the electric silver paper shock. Only 10 or 12 times a day now. Dentist say it is a rampant nerve. 5 weeks for an appointment.

Ross

Edited by rossjackson01
Spelling, Grammar

Posted (edited)

Marc.

Thank you for the prompt reply and explanation. 

2788 Date.     2789 Day and Date.     2789-1 Day (2 languages) and Date.

You have given me the information I require. I have placed a notation of the ranfft in my favourites.

I am very conversant with the 2789 and 2789-1 so will easily be able to do the service.

20240325_170557.jpg

20240325_170617.jpg

Edited by rossjackson01
Spelling, Grammar, more information
  • Like 2

Ross for parts sheets for all watches, you will find them on Cousins https://www.cousinsuk.com/document,
or another site I use is https://watchguy.co.uk/cgi-bin/files.

The oiling is as every other watch 🤣.  If you need help, see : ETA_2836-2.Asembly and Lube.pdf

One problem I've had with the automatic ETA is the reverser wheels. If you don't lubricate them correctly, the winding can be VERY stiff (or they may just be worn). I always cleaned them and made my own mix of 1/30 9010/naphtha. But I've still had problems - the last watch was very stiff to wind. So I've finally bought some Lubeta V105 - fixed the stiff winding. It's not cheap but will last ages.

HowtooilETAreversingwheels.thumb.jpg.aea243299cc67097413c1e13e1d3aa2c.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Done.

Had a 'ping' with seconds hand. Will redo when I find it. Crystal on order. Boxed up as I wanted to wear it.

-3s. 214 degrees Amplitude. BE 0.1 Happy Bunny.

20240331_150410.jpg

Edited by rossjackson01
Spelling, Grammar, more information
  • Like 3