Lorsa caliber 238 performance

Goodmorning ladies en gentlemen, I have serviced a Lorsa 238 movement. The problem is that the watch is loosing time en has a low amplitude (new mainspring). I have already removed the palletfork en balance to see if the wheels run nice and free, and they do. I checked the balancewheel without te palletfork and the balance seems to run nice also. What could cause the low amplitude. Also  strange timegrapher readings. Already cleaned the palletfork and balance again.  Thank you al in advance for your suggestions. 

Edited by Gaus

51 minutes ago, Gaus said:

Goodmorning ladies en

2 minutes ago, Gaus said:

Hello Richard, yes is snap back en forth without the balance. I tested the balance without de pallets in en a blower.  

Hi Gus can you show people the readings you are seeing. We all have different ideas what is good, bad , high , low ,running nicely,  running freely etc. Those new to the hobby can have very different ideas, ideas that have been plucked from the crazy world YouTube  🤪. Watchmaking is very much a science a multitude of sciences in fact that requires accurate data to be able to understand any of it. So when we say something runs nice or free then its good to back that up with some extra information, like the balance oscillated for 15 seconds or one  minute after releasing it from an angular rotation of 180 ° or 270 ° . It doesn't need to be technical in anyway, layman's words can describe what is happening just as well. Folk just need that extra bit of information fella 🙂,as our interpretation might be different from your interpretation. Everyone is very helpful and friendly here so dont be affraid to sound silly if you think it does, nobody here judges, we all had to start somewhere matey 🙂

3 minutes ago, RichardHarris123 said:

How long does the balance run for when blown? 

Yup, i took the long way round to ask  that 😅

• Like 1