Pocket watch

Hello everyone, I have a pocket watch with loose balance wheel the dial says " D M LITCHENSTINE Manchester" says "KENWELL" on the ratchet wheel it's 15 jewels 3 adjustments Swiss made REF 999a serial number 18116888.   does anyone know this maker as I cant find KENWELL on any site or any parts list.

Thanks for reading.

Andy.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi yes I have but cant find KENWELL on there or anywhere else, the internet was a great sourse of information now when I try to research something it seems just people trying to direct to to buy something and not to the information I'm looking for.

Thank you for your time to reply to me thiugh, Andy

Hi Andy. As @Nucejoe said pictures please of the movement. Kenwell maybe the finisher not the maker, pictures of the movement front less dial and hands so we can see the keyless work. We may be able to identify the movement through the Bestfit books. Hove a close look under the balance wheel and on the plates for  maikers logo and or calibre number. 

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Topics

• I've remembered something I had forgotten.  I've come across Dennison before but forgot all about it as I'm never going to use the units.  Maybe we should start a  thread on obscure units of measurement. 
    • Learned a new thing today! 🤓 Looked this up and found this informative document: Watkins-MainspringGauges.pdf
    • Correct one dip is expensive when the chemical is purchased as " one dip " which is why it is mostly reserved for these two small parts as far as information tells us it is mostly tetrachloroethylene. I use it bought as perchloroethyl used in dry cleaning processes, i cant say I'm overimpressed with it though it appears to me to be shellac safe. What may be a better solution for hairsprings is a high lab grade of pure benzine.  IPA is mostly used as a rinse and water displacer and yes it does have the potential to dissolve shellac, personally i would not buy anything that has significant water dilution so 99.9% IPA is the way to go. And lastly the part you are cleaning dictates your choice of cleaning brush, delicate parts like a hairspring requires the finest artist's brush you can find. Plates and bridges can take a little more scrubbing, but always check to make sure the surface is being unharmed. And dont forget a stick of tip benzine soaked correctly shaped pegwood is your mate set up for cleaning dirty jewels and removing stubborn dried up lubrication. 
    • Hello and welcome from Leeds, England. 
    • Den / Dennison is a unit measurement of size this is actually a mainspring gauge . I haven't heard of a pivot been measured in Dennison before.  Though the small thickness gauge is  usually supplied with a Jacot tool and is more accurately known as a pivot destroyer.