Staking tool kit found- need help

The case looks home made. The stakes and anvils look a little rough, but most importantly it's missing the staking tool itself. If your intent is to have a complete staking set, you'll need to make sure you get a tool that the stakes and anvils fit. If the stakes are not marked, then you'll have to measure them to figure out which tool they will work with and then track one down by itself. Usually they stay together as a set.

• Like 3

Its already been said the main piece is missing. I would save your money and look for a better complete set. What sort of price are you thinking of. Then I can look on the net for you. 

Edited by oldhippy
  • Like 2

Hi from Lexington, could be a Boley or Levin, definitely not K&D or Marshal, there are several makers, anyhow the stake sometimes can be found by itself on eBay under 'staking set', most of the punchs and stumps fit most brands in my findings but not always, the punchs and stakes need cleaning up,  a decent complete K&D might be less though

• Like 1

oldhippy is correct as usual. There is too much missing and unidentified. It would be one thing if you already had a matching staling tool and were looking for a few stakes and stumps. With this set you limit your options since you’re looking for the staking tool to match the stakes. Better to go for a more complete set in nice condition. It is an important tool…

• Like 1

On 2/24/2024 at 3:26 PM, longbowforge said:

The kit is incomplete as you can see. My wife sent me the pictures & no name on the box. Anyone recognize it from the images & give recommendation? $25

IMG_20240224_094628.jpg

IMG_20240224_094643.jpg

There has certainly been some kind of homemade alteration to the box as the original base looks like it is now the top of the lid. These punches could be a mix and match of a few different brands that a dodgy seller has put together. As has been mentioned some makes are the same size but not all, 4.7mm is a common size, i have a Boley a Star and another unknown make that are all 4.7mm. If its really cheap then some of these may come in to add to an incomplete set or another mixed up set that comes your way. The best decision is to wait for one that can be confirmed as fully original, but the asking price will nearly always be high.

• Like 1

Hi as has been said it has the main part missing but has a good array of punches etc.  depending on price and size 4.7mm might be worth picking up as extras, but look towards getting a complete set with 4.7 mm punches. The set shown will require a little cosmetic work to bring them up to standard.  Condition of the box is of little importance as it exists to hold the tools and in its present condition could also do with a face lift. It is home made.

• Like 1