Just joined to research fixing my old watches

Was just searching on my old watches and figuring out if it's worthwhile to repair. I have an old Movado Museum Classic blue face watch and a Raymond Weil 9120 RW, Geneve , Quartz , 18K Gold electro-plated.

I got these back in the '80 and sometime later on I stopped wearing them. My son saw these and really liked them compare to something like an IWatch.

Both watches didn't work and I thought the batteries were dead but actually the movement needs replacing on both after bringing to a repair shop. The Movado will cost $450 cad to replace the movement and strap. Expensive! but I figured it's less than replacing it. I didn't repair the RW, although was quoted $350 to repair. The repairman told me the movement  make & model.

RW 9120 uses a ETA 955412. My watch has 2 hands and Calendar at 3'oclock. After some searching i can only find a 3 hand version of this ETA955412. Can this be used or is there also a 2 hand version?

this is the website where I found the part:

https://www.watchmaterial.com/eta-955-412-champagne-quartz-watch-movement/

Can anyone offer suggestions on where to buy a generic ETA 955412 2 hands, 3'oclock calendar?

Thanks

RW9120.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, welcome, you need an ETA 955.414 movement, 2 hand and date at 3, it is a 10 1/2 line movement [ size based on the movement you said ], also the  ETA  FO5115 may work, I think the dial feet are the same, it should cost a little less and is a newer made movement......Star Time lists both movements, Cas-Ker Co. and Jules Borel may have them also, search eBay too......